Renshaw cabin

Canuck 1

Reaction score
Is the Renshaw cabin open for overnight guests from the Kakwa side?
I'd like to make a trip this winter and say hello to my B.C Bros.& Sisters.

Powder hound

Reaction score
The Renshaw cabin is only for day use! It is basically a warm up cabin, it is not equiped with beds like the kakwa cabins.
Not sure it if you have mapped out the treck between kakwa and renshaw. It quit a ways and pretty rugged terrain.

Dean10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya, powderhound is right, we have used gps to track way way north of renshaw, and compared it to tracks way south of kakwa. and there is a sizable gap that doesnt look too easy, no saying it cant be done, but its a long trek.

Cant really see anyone staying in the renshaw cabin overnight on purpose, its just a shack with a heater. It would do great in an emergency, but thats about it.

Canuck 1

Reaction score
I thought that the women of W.O.W went through there a couple of years ago? I did meet two couples from Prince George last year that were at the Kakwa Cabins and said they came through there last year.
I am not 100% sure and would not want to misdirect anyone through there if there was not a passable trail.Has anyone reading this been through these hills?

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They would have come out west of Mcbride. I cant remember the name of the road,but that is how the BC riders access Kakwa.

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
is this a signed marked trial or is it a "go that way" kinda run
do ou have to spend the night at the kakwa fire cabin

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can get through using the Morkilr River and Forget Me Not Forestry roads but this is extreme riding and long distance. Would need fuel waiting at the other end as there is no way you will be pulling a skidder on this trip. Walker Creek road is the normal route that can be traveled by anyone, you just need lots of fuel. Approx 50 minutes west of Mcbride.:d

Canuck 1

Reaction score
Thanks for the info.everyone.
Maybe one of these days I'll try the pass through there.
It's sure nice to have all of this wealth of info. to draw upon.
Thanks again.

T-BO

Reaction score
Two words "Google Earth"

Ive heard from a couple people that the trip across possible but best wait for hero snow and warm weather. Its a serious trip.

Top Bottom