Renshaw Cabin Condition

twin turbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
QUESTION???
If we were to close the cabin at Renshaw for 2-3 hours on Thurs. to install a new floor, would that be a big incon. for anybody? Not sure if we can get the plywood up for that day, but we are trying for Thurs.

:rant:Don't worry about that...heck if i come up early i'll even help ya...
Besides it wont be too cold out side for everybody anyhow..:twocents:

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
QUESTION???
If we were to close the cabin at Renshaw for 2-3 hours on Thurs. to install a new floor, would that be a big incon. for anybody? Not sure if we can get the plywood up for that day, but we are trying for Thurs.
If anyone b1tches, hand em a hammer.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Renshaw cabin closed to the public Fri. am as the new floor is going down.

Dean10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your willing to fix the floor for us, then who am I to say when you can and cannot do it, I think its awsome that you are doing this extra work just so the rest of us can enjoy it.

Hey, if your up there with a hammer and nails doing the floor, see if you can pound in more nails for hangin up jackets and packs around the walls, and perhaps a board with several nails in it over the heater for gloves and goggles. I'll make you a deal, if I go up there and see a "Custom glove and goggle rack" between the helmut rack and the heater, I'll find your B & B and drop off some xmas cheer (in january).

In fact, I challenge all Snow and Mud viewers that read this to find out where Barry's B & B is, and bring him some xmas cheer for all his hard work, AND THATS VOLUNTEER WORK IN CASE YOU WERE WONDERING.

Hope you like crown Barry

Dean

twin turbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:DIm heading there soon so i better find out where it is..lol:)
And i was going to bring up something for his sore throat...anyhoo

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reminder about the lack of hooks. Will look after that as well.

Last edited:

Rev_it

Reaction score
Website
animalinu.ca
If your willing to fix the floor for us, then who am I to say when you can and cannot do it, I think its awsome that you are doing this extra work just so the rest of us can enjoy it.

Hey, if your up there with a hammer and nails doing the floor, see if you can pound in more nails for hangin up jackets and packs around the walls, and perhaps a board with several nails in it over the heater for gloves and goggles. I'll make you a deal, if I go up there and see a "Custom glove and goggle rack" between the helmut rack and the heater, I'll find your B & B and drop off some xmas cheer (in january).

In fact, I challenge all Snow and Mud viewers that read this to find out where Barry's B & B is, and bring him some xmas cheer for all his hard work, AND THATS VOLUNTEER WORK IN CASE YOU WERE WONDERING.

Hope you like crown Barry

Dean

Good Call Dean,
Cause the fact of the matter is that there will always be idiots out there, and we need guys like Barry that go the extra mile!

I was up renshaw last weekend (dec 13 -16) and the snow was great, I too will be sure and find Barry's B&B too drop off a simple thanks in a bottel!

:):):)

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Renshaw cabin floor is done, more hooks and large nails in wall to hang stuff. New shelf for putting helmuts on. In great shape, hope it stays that way. Thanks to the members from Snow And Mud for stopping by and thanking us for our work. Barry

thebigm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.eagleriver.ca
Renshaw cabin floor is done, more hooks and large nails in wall to hang stuff. New shelf for putting helmuts on. In great shape, hope it stays that way. Thanks to the members from Snow And Mud for stopping by and thanking us for our work. Barry

All your hard work is much appreciated Barry. We will see you on the 27th. Have a great Christmas.

:thumbsup2:

treemongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:nono::realmad: My folks live up there and in the summers we head up Lucille and bell and do clean up there, people sit and complain that we lose riding areas, if they would start cleaning up after themselves and start respecting the areas by packing out their garbage and broken parts of their sleds it would help out. It's frustrating seeing the work the local clubs do to keep areas open and safe and the upkeep of the cabins every year just to see some jack wad come up for a weekend and destroy it. Kudos to the Mcbride and valemont clubs and the volunteers that go up and help out. You guys do an awesome job. Keep up the good work.

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:nono::realmad: My folks live up there and in the summers we head up Lucille and bell and do clean up there, people sit and complain that we lose riding areas, if they would start cleaning up after themselves and start respecting the areas by packing out their garbage and broken parts of their sleds it would help out. It's frustrating seeing the work the local clubs do to keep areas open and safe and the upkeep of the cabins every year just to see some jack wad come up for a weekend and destroy it. Kudos to the Mcbride and valemont clubs and the volunteers that go up and help out. You guys do an awesome job. Keep up the good work.

You took the words out of my mouth. Too many idiots try to ruin it for the rest of us volunteers that work hard to keep the trails and cabins in good condition for others & their families. It's very easy to pack ot what you pack in.

sled

Reaction score
To barry and the rest of the volunteers my hats of to them.Just makes me sick to hear that some a**holes are doing this to the warm up cabins.

Last edited by a moderator:

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A big thank-you to guys from this site that donated some liquid cheer for the volunteers that worked on the cabins. It was much app.

twin turbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:beerchug: It was well worth it,,,
Remember im going to be comming up this weekend and next weekend..
So leave the porch bed to me ...lol

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was at Lucille this weekend and also noticed that cabin is full of garbage, smells like liquor and the heater was way out of commision. It's kind of sad that some people have to ruin the cabin for the people who wanna warm up for five minutes and come out smelling like alcoholics, are still cold, and have to hurdle garbage.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were up at Lucille yesterday and cleaned up garbage and got the heater going. People---LEAVE THE HEATERS ALONE IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING. Already the thermostat is torn apart, the heater was dismantled. You just make our job harder by doing what you did. Working fine when we left, will be back up Thurs. with more propane. If you find something that is not to your liking please tell Ride N Hide or come to my house and we will fix it.

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were up at Lucille yesterday and cleaned up garbage and got the heater going. People---LEAVE THE HEATERS ALONE IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING. Already the thermostat is torn apart, the heater was dismantled. You just make our job harder by doing what you did. Working fine when we left, will be back up Thurs. with more propane. If you find something that is not to your liking please tell Ride N Hide or come to my house and we will fix it.
You need to get one of those plastic boxes over the thermostat of they can`t take it apart.

Dean10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you really think a little plastic box over the thermostat will last more than a day, i've seen the whole friggin heater nearly torn off the wall.

This may be a stupid question, but who bought the warm up cabins and stocks the propane, there is always propane up there and I've never paid for it. We do buy our trial passes, but I thought that was just for the groomer??.

I guess it seems like alot of time and money goes into making these areas more user friendly, and all I have to do is pay for a trail pass. (and a sled, and a truck, and a trailer, some gas, and diesel, and a room, some food, and a bit of booze). hmmmm,....... DON'T DO THE MATH !!!! you'll never go sledding again !!!!!

But seriously, some one is paying for those shacks and the propane. And how the hell do you get a 180lb propane bottle up 30kms of wooped out trail, that doesn't sound like a fun day of sledding.

Thanks again who ever does all this, I know our group REALLY appreciates and respects all the effort you put in.

Dean

Top Bottom