Renegade gas gauge

Sweigh

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed the accuracy of their gas gauge in comparison to how much gas you actually have left? it's usually with around 2 or so notches left on the gauge that the gas light will come on. By counting the notches I assumed that I was under 1/4 of a tank and I was gonna be in trouble if I wasn't near camp. I managed to roll back into camp with a seemingly empty tank according to the gas gauge. The "low gas" light had been on for I'd guess 20 km or so.. Reading the manual today it tells me that the gas gauge comes on when you hit 30% of a tank.. Yet the gauge was showing 1/4 or less.. doesn't seem accurate at all!

Today, with the gas gauge telling me I was totally out of gas, I put in 2.5 gallons (less than half of capacity) and now the gauge reads full. I'm so confused...

Next ride I intend to take a jerry can with me.. and run the machine dry.. Maybe that'll give me an indication of how long the thing can run on "empty" and just how inaccurate the gauge is.

jasonmcmurray

Reaction score
my gade is only 4 months old and my gas gauge doesnt register any gas anymore its always empty, thank god it was under warranty

Top Bottom