Renegade for the mud pit

muddybike

Reaction score
Hello I have a 2011 renegade 800 and it has outlaws and snorkels 3/4 inch pipe lift and a 650 helix. I would like to get into mud pit racing. So I am looking At getting the parts nessary to do good I would like to keep it under a grand if possible.

Canadianking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Clutching would be where I would start for mud pit racing. A grand don't give you much to play with but will be a good start to get into the sport.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I would upgrade the front axles to Gorilla Axles, that will be your first issue. Your next issue may be your output shaft for the front differential. That may snap with those wheels you have. Also do you have 2" pipes for your snorkels, 1 1/2 intake may get a bit hot in the CVT. I have nothing done to my engine on my quad, have an HMF pipe and a clutch kit. It does well in mud, here's a short trailer of mine in mud. Im the renegade thats very muddy.
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDwPpVLtbWc[/YT]

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
I would upgrade the front axles to Gorilla Axles, that will be your first issue. Your next issue may be your output shaft for the front differential. That may snap with those wheels you have. Also do you have 2" pipes for your snorkels, 1 1/2 intake may get a bit hot in the CVT. I have nothing done to my engine on my quad, have an HMF pipe and a clutch kit. It does well in mud, here's a short trailer of mine in mud. Im the renegade thats very muddy.
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDwPpVLtbWc[/YT]

...and I'm the guy that can't seem to train his outlander to cross the creeks without dumping me off :eek: HMF, KN, Dobeck Chip, Dalton, 650 helix, 2 1/4" stealth snorkel, upgraded springs.

Sweigh

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How much difference does the 650 helix make? I haven't heard much about that until now...

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
How much difference does the 650 helix make? I haven't heard much about that until now...

An extra 150-200 RPM before engagement on top of the added 150-200 you get from the rest of the kit :eek: eliminates the need for low gear. Response like a mofawker. Prolly pretty hard on the rest of the drivetrain though :d but in exchange you end up with a wheeling, skeg skippin' monster. :beer: :beer:

Top Bottom