Removing front idler wheels to intall scratchers

charjay 88

Reaction score
Just wondering if removing front wheels would be good idea if still running hardpack trails. is there a down side to remove them or leave them on with adapter kit. Its on a 05 switchback 144 2"

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if removing front wheels would be good idea if still running hardpack trails. is there a down side to remove them or leave them on with adapter kit. Its on a 05 switchback 144 2"

if riding alot of trails i would leave them on..by removing them the sliders will wear out in that area faster than anywhere else.Not a big deal but that's the reason they have them there.

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i put a kit on my dragon that fits behind the idler wheel slp sells them there called idler wheel adapter kit part #35-288 for polaris iq models

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On most sleds you can just swap the idlers onto the inside of the rail (into the middle of the track) and then you have lots of room to run your scratchers on the outside. The rails carry the same profile on both sides (on most sleds) and the bolt holes match up perfectly etc. All you have to do is make sure the wheel will run in the middle of the drive lugs once they are swapped. Still get the benefits of your idlers for your slider wear at the rail bend, but also get your scratchers. I did this on another sled, worked good, also took them right off another sled with no issues but I don't run hardpack trails very much so can't comment on how much faster things would wear.

hayastusa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I took my wheels off and the slides wore right to the rail where they used to be. The rest of the slide was like new. I like the scratchers for cooling, but I gotta find a way to get those wheels back on.

Top Bottom