Remote vehicle starters

arcticdodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was wondering what people are using for remote starters. In my old truck I have a viper and it works excellant. Now with this diesel, I am wondering what is good and not. What can a guy expect to pay. I don't need the starter control to lock/unlock the doors, just start the dang thing, so I don't have to get cold already. Thanks guys :d

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Was wondering what people are using for remote starters. In my old truck I have a viper and it works excellant. Now with this diesel, I am wondering what is good and not. What can a guy expect to pay. I don't need the starter control to lock/unlock the doors, just start the dang thing, so I don't have to get cold already. Thanks guys :d

I have a viper 2 way page back in my 05 Ford diesel, and I like it. it was about 6 bills installed. Great range. The only down fall, is that it eats a AAA battery once a month. Because the truck, and the starter, are alway's in communication.

In my company truck, an '07 Chev(gas). I have a compustar, and that one is good as well. But less range, and does not tell me if it starts or not.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have an astro start one-way, I know its starts cause I can usually hear my exhaust rev up. Have had it for 2yrs and haven't changed fob batteries yet.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a viper 2 way page back in my 05 Ford diesel, and I like it. it was about 6 bills installed. Great range. The only down fall, is that it eats a AAA battery once a month. Because the truck, and the starter, are alway's in communication.

In my company truck, an '07 Chev(gas). I have a compustar, and that one is good as well. But less range, and does not tell me if it starts or not.

My wife has a Viper 2-way in her car. It eats up an Enegizer Lithium in 5 days.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Go to the Dollar store, and pick up Panasonic 4 pack for $2.50. One last's me a month. But not a day longer.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Go to the Dollar store, and pick up Panasonic 4 pack for $2.50. One last's me a month. But not a day longer.

Or I have heard, that the rechargeables for decent as well. Pricie at first for the good one, but worth it in the end.

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got a comutstar alarm/starter 2-way in mine. 5000ft range (claimed) and confirms when it starts. Takes a single AAA battery that lasts quite a while. I've had mine 12 months and I think I've only changed the battery once. It's got the interior vehicle temp on it the remote which is handy. $700 installed.

mudboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got the titan from certified last winter. Love it. even has a diesel cool down feature where you can press the button and it will cool down before shutting down. So far no issues

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.valemountvacationrental.com
I've got the same one...paid the same $$ works awesome...it is in my 2007 Duramax...configured for a 30 second start wait time...I've the turbo timer enabled and its in "passive" mode which keeps the doors locked.

My range is great and the feedback that the diesel has started is a must. Great unit no issues.

I've got a comutstar alarm/starter 2-way in mine. 5000ft range (claimed) and confirms when it starts. Takes a single AAA battery that lasts quite a while. I've had mine 12 months and I think I've only changed the battery once. It's got the interior vehicle temp on it the remote which is handy. $700 installed.

rob350

Reaction score

Same

I change the battery about every 8 months(use the remote to always lock/unlock, and i always use the "hold" and check that it worked), had it for 2 years.

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone got a ford remote start want one for my truck. Are they any good if anyone has one:confused:

koda9192

Reaction score
for every one who goes through batteries on their Vipers just find a good installer and they can push a couple buttons and stop it from communicating all the time and a battery will last for months. i was having the same problem with my Viper in my 08 Diesel and our tech pushed some buttons on my remote and i haven't changed a battery since last Spring.

Top Bottom