Remington 700

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am looking at all of his posts on this pos rifle. He is defending it way too much considering he doesnt know anything about Remington apparently.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
AND I sure dont want the government forcing everything unsafe to be banned. I would have to sit a home and do nothing. Wait...being a couch potato is unsafe too. Better ban that!

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
AND I sure dont want the government forcing everything unsafe to be banned. I would have to sit a home and do nothing. Wait...being a couch potato is unsafe too. Better ban that!

So a gun the apparently fires without the trigger being pulled that is apparently a POS should not e recalled? The people who paid for these guns that are apparently POS should not get there money back for owning an unsafe rifle that will just randomly fire?

Gun safety 101
No matter what even if the rifle is not loaded do not point it at another person.

Even though the guns aren't just off the shelf if they were not good quality they wouldn't be used by the best equipped army in the world

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
I got a 710. never had a problem but I agree it is a middle of the row gun.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So a gun the apparently fires without the trigger being pulled that is apparently a POS should not e recalled? The people who paid for these guns that are apparently POS should not get there money back for owning an unsafe rifle that will just randomly fire?

Gun safety 101
No matter what even if the rifle is not loaded do not point it at another person.

Even though the guns aren't just off the shelf if they were not good quality they wouldn't be used by the best equipped army in the world

So now you are saying that because the military uses them they are good quality? :cigar:

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The military ones wont be the same as the ones you buy quality wise. It's kinda like sayin that a factory race sled is the same as the one you buy from a dealer. Not happenin.. The military sales deal is worth WAY to much money for these companies to give them an even middle of the road quality product because another company will build a better product for the same price and they could stand to lose the sales to the military. So you cant compare military issue products of anything to a consumer product.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Every one I have owned and used is of poor quality. Funny thing I find too is when you look at the amount of used rifles being sold the percentage of remington vs other brands is huge.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The show is on right now again. Started watching it and within the first ten minutes it is talking of how swat teams have had issues with the 700 and gotten rid of them as well as the military always having issues with them. They say they have 2 in 20 rounds go off. They are always stating on how anyone that has sued remington, the case as been settled out of court.

So many videos of the rifle firing when someone just touches the bolt.

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The show is on right now again. Started watching it and within the first ten minutes it is talking of how swat teams have had issues with the 700 and gotten rid of them as well as the military always having issues with them. They say they have 2 in 20 rounds go off. They are always stating on how anyone that has sued remington, the case as been settled out of court.

So many videos of the rifle firing when someone just touches the bolt.

Huh apparently he didn't see this the first time:rolleyes:

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjmOSAZDpfU&feature=player_embedded[/YT]

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The military ones wont be the same as the ones you buy quality wise. It's kinda like sayin that a factory race sled is the same as the one you buy from a dealer. Not happenin.. The military sales deal is worth WAY to much money for these companies to give them an even middle of the road quality product because another company will build a better product for the same price and they could stand to lose the sales to the military. So you cant compare military issue products of anything to a consumer product.

I would have to disagreed there are far more guns sold to the private market then there is to the military, I have seen a military issued Rem 700 and couldn't see or feel any difference in the actions.

The comment about the guns going of when you close the bolt, sounds like you have your trigger pull way to light...this has happen to me when I have adjusted my trigger pull so I just add more to the pull and the problem goes away. This issue is with all gun makers if you have to light of a trigger pull they will go off when closing the bolt.
Most of the time the issues come when people start messing with there guns and don't know what they are doing.

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would have to disagreed there are far more guns sold to the private market then there is to the military, I have seen a military issued Rem 700 and couldn't see or feel any difference in the actions.

The comment about the guns going of when you close the bolt, sounds like you have your trigger pull way to light...this has happen to me when I have adjusted my trigger pull so I just add more to the pull and the problem goes away. This issue is with all gun makers if you have to light of a trigger pull they will go off when closing the bolt.
Most of the time the issues come when people start messing with there guns and don't know what they are doing.

Finally someone who doesnt have his head up his azz

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Every one I have owned and used is of poor quality. Funny thing I find too is when you look at the amount of used rifles being sold the percentage of remington vs other brands is huge.

You have to remember that Winchester quit making rifles for awhile as well...there are just more remingtons out there then any other gun! not that everyone is trying to get rid of them for some reason...I have had chitty actions on just about all the guns, Winchchester, Remington, Browning, and a few customs as well...just depends on the gun not the manufacturer.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well go ahead and keep buying your remingtons. I guess I must be a lier then. I guess I didnt buy a .338 lapua that in stock form would misfire. I also must not have bought a r-25 that would constantly misfeed. Or the .223 the wouldnt load without scraping a chunck of brass off with evry closed bolt. Guess I dont know much about rifles in the 10,000 rounds a year I shoot. Well this year has been an exception. I guess my tikkas have been crap then. I didnt think they had issues as they have been accurate and no loading problems. I thought that was normal but if the way remington works is the best that I have been backwards in my thinking. I apoligize for having my head up my ass.

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Gotta disagree ther,,, savage which had a reputation as being a bottom of the barrell rifle has one of the best triggers with the accutrigger and some can be set basically like a hair trigger and theres no issues with firing on its own thats apparrent like remington, and remington in stock form usually has a fairly heavy trigger

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gotta disagree ther,,, savage which had a reputation as being a bottom of the barrell rifle has one of the best triggers with the accutrigger and some can be set basically like a hair trigger and theres no issues with firing on its own thats apparrent like remington, and remington in stock form usually has a fairly heavy trigger

I am not talking stock form, but rather when guys start lighten up there triggers to the point of them going off. The Accutrigger is of personal preference, rather then the standard, its not for everyone.

Last edited:

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will repy to this. You have youre head up your azz. Remington rules. Flattest rootin tootin shootin rifle out ther.

Give it up bud.

I'm not saying Remington rules! If they are adjusted properly they will not fire on their own. If the trigger is set within the limits the gun will not fire on it's own. I never said Remington is the best. Actually it's probably one of the lower end rifles out there but they will not fire ok their own if adjusted and cleaned properly. If they did a warning/recall would have been issued. Why would a company destroy it's reputation by continuing to produce a rifle that will fire at any given moment.

If I was to go out and buy 10 guns today Remington would not be one of them. Not because of the "random fire" but because they are mass produced and browning, Winchester and Henry boys have always felt like a nicer rifle to me.

Top Bottom