Remington 700

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just listened to a really interesting show on CNBC on the 700 series rifels and the problems with the walker trigger
I have read a couple of brief articals on the potential trigger safety problems but had no idea of the numbers of guns affected or the extent Remington knew of and ignored the problem.

benclaluna450r

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just listened to a really interesting show on CNBC on the 700 series rifels and the problems with the walker trigger
I have read a couple of brief articals on the potential trigger safety problems but had no idea of the numbers of guns affected or the extent Remington knew of and ignored the problem.

what are the problems i know a guy with one he loves it shoots flat and sraight

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trigger can release under safety.
Of the 5 million rifel's made under the 700 series likely 50,000 have the potential to fire while on safety with zero trigger contact.
They even interviewed the designer of the walker trigger who claims to have pleaded with Remington that the triggers could be unsafe..

benclaluna450r

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Of the 5 million rifel's made under the 700 series likely 50,000 have the potential to fire while on safety with zero trigger contact.
They even interviewed the designer of the walker trigger who claims to have pleaded with Remington that the triggers could be unsafe..

crazy Im glad i have a brownings and rugers

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score

so this would be a suitable gift for an ex??????

bigz64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have a 22-250 in a model 700, my next rifle will be another. they are great guns for the price

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you watch the documentry on it the 700 has had issues since its debut. the builder told them how to fix it, at the time would have cost about 15 cents per rifle to a total of , if i remember rigth 250k, now it would be close to 10 million they said:eek:. awesome gun probably one of the best guns ever made, however the trigger was designed for to light of a pull thus causing the issue they have. of all the stories they had in the documentry with proper safe gun handling procedures there never would have ben an issue of any kind. jmo.
sometimes the rifle could fire even though the safety was on, wtf is a guy doing pointing a gun towards his 9 yr old son for anyways regardless of the safety being on but even bigger issue with a friggen bullet in the chamber.:eek: most cases i believe are just cleansing so to speak getting rid of the stupid friggen idiot gene.:realmad: just sayin.
they are giving a good rifle and good company a very bad rap.

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I worked with guns for a couple of years and remington is the last brand that id buy, no quality whatsoever, pos.

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I worked with guns for a couple of years and remington is the last brand that id buy, no quality whatsoever, pos.

May I ask why you say that? I just bought a 597, and it seems like a very nice gun.

Sent from my kickass HTC Desire because Apple sucks!

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

We have a Model 581 and it's been great. My Brother has a Remington shotgun and it's been so this sounds like an opinion. Other than the 700 series they generally have very good quality

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Surely the 700 cant be that bad the american swat team uses them.

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Surely the 700 cant be that bad the american swat team uses them.

They aren't THAT bad. They have adjustable triggers and too many people don't know how to adjust them properly or adjust them beyond the specifications.

Remember that a documentary that is truthful doesn't sell and doesn't get good ratings. Just ask Michael Moore

Remington® Model 700™ Network: Video Library

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjmOSAZDpfU&feature=player_embedded#at=118[/media]

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Older remingtons werent that bad but there quality has went down big time. 95% or more of the warranty work was all done on remingtons when i worked with guns, mass produced with a sheety qc qa program is my guess, my opinion yes but i base it on facts that ive seen.

597 if i remember is the 22lr, i remember there was lots of jamming complaints but most of the semis do that, thats more Of an ammo issue.

As for american swat, im highly doubting that theirs are straight outta the box, thnkin that they get a bit of work done to them, plus their mil spec barrel is fairly good by reports but theyre nowhere near as mass produced as your regular joe blows hunting rifle

All imo of course.

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Older remingtons werent that bad but there quality has went down big time. 95% or more of the warranty work was all done on remingtons when i worked with guns, mass produced with a sheety qc qa program is my guess, my opinion yes but i base it on facts that ive seen.

597 if i remember is the 22lr, i remember there was lots of jamming complaints but most of the semis do that, thats more Of an ammo issue.

As for american swat, im highly doubting that theirs are straight outta the box, thnkin that they get a bit of work done to them, plus their mil spec barrel is fairly good by reports but theyre nowhere near as mass produced as your regular joe blows hunting rifle

All imo of course.

581 does have jamming problems IF they are not properly maintained. if the screws are tight then no jamming problems and they are very accurate for a RF.

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

All imo of course.

Oh ok. No jamming issues with mine so far. But I've only had it a week now.

Sent from my kickass HTC Desire because Apple sucks!

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats old news I think that goes back 25 plus years or more. i seen it about a year ago, kind of scary and it was a minor deal to fix something like a 4 cent piece, but the manufacturer new about early in the years of the gun..

Top Bottom