Registering old sled without previous registration?

retiredpop

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I was curious as to how to register a sled in Alberta without having previous registration information. I was thinking of buying an old small sled for grandkids to learn on. When the person selling does not have previous registration or even proof of ownership will a plain old bill of sale work? Some of those old sleds were never registered anywhere.

Sledtillded

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bill of sale and pink card is all I have used for my vintage stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Google AB Bill of sale. Get who ever you're buying from to fill out sellers part and you the buyers part. If you already have/own it, get a buddy to fill out sellers part. Is pretty simple.

landownunder

Reaction score
Ya the AB Bill of Sale is pretty decent. I registered a 2002 ZR500 two seasons ago and it had never been registered before. The registry office in Edmonton just asked me to show them a picture of the VIN number and they would enter it in their computer system. I had a pic of the VIN on my phone from when I bought it, so I showed the the picture and right on the spot the girl at the registry office entered all the information in and registered it for me. I've heard a few other similar stories too about registering dirtbikes and they don't really seem very particular in registering an OHV.....an on road vehicle is a completely different story though.

Top Bottom