registation transfer

Dano670

Reaction score
:(:confused:hey guys ,i need some help .purchased trailer that was from Alberta and i am going to insure it here in BC The previous owner tore off a small portion from registration and signed it ,said this should be all i need .ICBC says ther should be more such as something with his name also along with trailer info.The piece of paper is about 4 inches x 5 inches or so .any help is greatly appreciated.thanks.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
:(:confused:hey guys ,i need some help .purchased trailer that was from Alberta and i am going to insure it here in BC The previous owner tore off a small portion from registration and signed it ,said this should be all i need .ICBC says ther should be more such as something with his name also along with trailer info.The piece of paper is about 4 inches x 5 inches or so .any help is greatly appreciated.thanks.

on the front of that piece of paper, normally has the VIN, make, model, year etc.

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score

Ya thats all you need to reregister in AB. I would also get the dude to fax you a signed bill of sale for it too. ICBC can be hard to deal with. :beer::d

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ICBC can be a royal pain...we buy stuff in AB all the time and bring it back to BC, we've had some issues even when we have everything.
You do need the small part of the AB registration form that it sounds like you may have. That will have vehicle reg info, owner info etc. and it'll be signed when they sell you the vehicle. Make sure you get the right part.
Then in BC you also need a signed bill of sale saying exactly the same info...make sure that all names on the registration, are also on the bill of sale, one name will not do, and that they are exactly the same as on the registration form. Then you'll have to get the trailer there for inspection usually too.
Good luck.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if it is a double sled trailer you can insure it as a u-built and it only costs 18 to get it registered with out an inspection. just remove the vin number and weld something on it to make it U-built lol. I do it so I only need one plate for 3 trailers lol

Top Bottom