red deer suds buds campouts

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yuppers, lots of snow out in the West country, little Cup-Cake Onda had its work cut out punching holes into snow banks. LOL.

I know the Q tracks are going on next year, it floats over top of this stuff like nothing. Glad I got the reminder of this with the tires and chains once again,,, I knew there was a reason I bought tracks. Ha.

The flat land snow pack in the trees is 12" to 14" with over all average of about 9".
North / East facing is 3' to 4',,, and S/W hills are good to go.
I hit up a area with 2000+++ kms of roads, so it was easy getting around,,, I had my turbo turban on incase Feathers and Critters was kicking around.
Fat chance of us running across them by after noon when the roads became impossible.

Just a reminder to all, the oil and logging companies are not putting down gravel this year,,, or should I say the last 4 years now.

Park your unit in a wizer zone if you want to get to a hwy or good gravel road.

2 dudes on different roads thought they would be super hero's by driving thier units to the play grounds. LOL.
There units are still sitting out there for a few more days hoping it will freeze so their buddies can go in to get stuck beside them. Ha.

Oh well, some dudes just never learn.

When the thaw comes it will come fast, get things sorted since the 2018 year is a go.

Here's hoping for lots of broken axles, twisted plastic and bent A-arms. All the good stuff that is.

From Snow Flake Lemmy Lamb Chops.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yup going to be a while before much access into the western country there lem. the ol hondi is getting a work out by the sounds of it.

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and i guess you always have the cow and donkey as a mobile food source for any long term western stays.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
30714499_1290421144393664_6979391408700391424_n.jpg

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
bridges are fine, it is the washed out road to get to the bridges seems to be the problem.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
he may be the only one to get across, the guy is a hero!

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think St Marie HDD should do that

Well ...the aohva wants to impose a $50/atv/yr user fee that would tally in the neighbourhood of $8mil/year to “maintain trails” that I already maintain as a volunteer on my own dime. I have no bridge budget.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Well ...the aohva wants to impose a $50/atv/yr user fee that would tally in the neighbourhood of $8mil/year to “maintain trails” that I already maintain as a volunteer on my own dime. I have no bridge budget.
That's the same as the trail passes we buy in the winter from the ASA. Same idea. Except it's $80 per year

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's the same as the trail passes we buy in the winter from the ASA. Same idea. Except it's $80 per year

Yep I bought one too, although technically I should have a family pass or three separate passes for the sleds we use on those trails. They hold the rally here each year and then our little rail trail here is whooped out for the remainder of the season afterwards. I have permission from a few of the landowners to travel where I go anyway, so not really seeing the value of this as I don’t ever sled any of the other ASA trails and have no plans to doo so. Everybody has their hand out it seems, tiring of it quickly.

Rig Street road should be maintained and funded by the Alberta government, at least up to the tee and in front of the privately owned land.

Top Bottom