Recreational snowshoes

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone use them for winter activities such as walking. My wife and I were thinking about getting out more during the winter and first had the idea of cross country skiing, but I am too lazy for that and would rather walk.

Our budget would be about $100 or less each,

Suggestions?

Thanks

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Seen some at Newfie sport and wheel. Try them or Mountain Co-Op. Tricky to walk in snowshoes if they get to big. Good luck let us know how that goes

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Saw some nice small/light ones that would strap to a backpack at Wholesale Sports in South Common. Thinking of getting some for the odd mountain trip when the snow is impossible to walk in - would make it alot easier to get over to help your stuck buddies out.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seen some at Newfie sport and wheel. Try them or Mountain Co-Op. Tricky to walk in snowshoes if they get to big. Good luck let us know how that goes

Glen..........are you sugesting sledders shop at MEC?????? I hope not! I'm sue you mean a different store.:nono:

Blu du

Reaction score
i bought 3 sets from rei for wife and kids. what are you gonna do they are for greenies and i wanted good quality.

mountainbigbull

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't know much about REI but I can tell you MEC has put huge dollars into studies that lead to closing areas for snowmobiling. Example would be the mountain caribou study. MEC was a big sponsor on that report that lead to large areas of closed land to sledding. Now you can imagine how biased a report may be when a big sponsor is a store like MEC?

Every time you buy something at MEC money goes into a fund like this. SO keep supporting MEC and we will ALL be buying snow shoes!!!

sldgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone use them for winter activities such as walking. My wife and I were thinking about getting out more during the winter and first had the idea of cross country skiing, but I am too lazy for that and would rather walk.

Our budget would be about $100 or less each,

Suggestions?

Thanks

lazy and snowshoes are not compatible

Top Bottom