Recommended tires

DirtNGrind

Reaction score
Are Maxxis Tires good for my 2006 Polaris Hawkeye 4X4? there's just too many tires to choose from, but what's recommended for my ride?

rens27

Reaction score
If its the Hawkeye 300 go with Black Diamond. They come in the correct size for your stock rims, give you a 1/4 of an inch extra ground clearance and your machine can turn them without any modifications to the clutch etc.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can't really go wrong with Maxxis Zillas. I don't know the specs of the Black Diamond tires but they are radials, so they'll probably be considerably heavier than the equivalent Zilla.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
biggest problem with mud bugs, no side grip and heavier than zillas and are more a mud tire than all round trail. on a 300 you, would be better with lighter tires.

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A few guys were saying that lites have a tendancy to bead leak, Bugs i have r a bit heavier but still all around good tire but i c what your saying on a 300 though ya lighter would b better as i am running a 500/850 so ya.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If its the Hawkeye 300 go with Black Diamond. They come in the correct size for your stock rims, give you a 1/4 of an inch extra ground clearance and your machine can turn them without any modifications to the clutch etc.

I don't get your reply? What do you mean by correct size for your rims? All these tires that are mentioned com in large selection of sizes

rens27

Reaction score
I don't get your reply? What do you mean by correct size for your rims? All these tires that are mentioned com in large selection of sizes
The Hawkeyes and Sportsman 300 factory rims are small and its hard to find good quality tires that fit. I have a 2010 300 and had a bitch time finding a good all around tire that would give me the grip I wanted. Rainy Creek in Eckville brought the Black Diamonds in specifically for the 300 because it was one of the few tires that fits the 300 factory rims. That's where I got mine and they've been terrific.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Hawkeyes and Sportsman 300 factory rims are small and its hard to find good quality tires that fit. I have a 2010 300 and had a bitch time finding a good all around tire that would give me the grip I wanted. Rainy Creek in Eckville brought the Black Diamonds in specifically for the 300 because it was one of the few tires that fits the 300 factory rims. That's where I got mine and they've been terrific.

They super narrow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From what I can tell, stock tires are Front: 22x7-12, Rear: 22x10-12.

rens27

Reaction score
They you should have no problem fitting 23" Zillas.
I didn't know they came in 23". I thought 25" was the smallest they came in. Cool. I learned something new today. Rapid Revolutions would probably be a good place to get them?

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I didn't know they came in 23". I thought 25" was the smallest they came in. Cool. I learned something new today. Rapid Revolutions would probably be a good place to get them?

Here's the tire chart:

Rapid Revolutions has very good pricing and will mount them for free. However, this is an odd tire size that he probably doesn't stock, so he may have to order them in for you.

Top Bottom