Recommendations for tires for Yamaha Moto 4 2wd

yamahaguy64

Reaction score
I inherited an '89 Yamaha Moto 4 250cc 2 wheel drive quad. It has the original tires on it and I'm looking at replacing them. My primary usage will be some trail/ hills/light muskeg/mud, etc. I know that I'm not a four wheel drive, but will possibly be going with a couple of guys who have 4 wheel drives and will want to make a reasonable effort to keep up to them.

My sizes are:
Front: AT 22x8-10 (tubeless)
Rear: AT 25x12-9 (tubeless)

I'm not fussy on name brands so "no-names" will do. I do want brand new tires (or knock-offs if I can get them). I don't want used. I've done some searching and have come across "Duro" name brand. What are some other mfg names I should look at. (I want to spend about $100 or so per tire, no more).

Also, what are some places for good reasonable priced tires in Edmonton? Where can I get Duro or other no name tires at a good price?

Appreciate any help.

thanks,

Byron

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey i would probally go with swamp lites ormudlites 25"

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kenda bear claws without a doubt and some type of knobby up front

I will check out what I have on my Moto 4 2wd tomorrow, its out at the farm and I know I have Bear claws on the back, but what knobbies I can't remember,.. I will also grab the size,.. maybe a picture for you as well.

yamahaguy64

Reaction score
What are some dealers in Edmonton that have good prices on Quad tires?

Anybody known for carrying "no-names"?

Byron

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey i dont n o any no name places but phone rapid reveloutions they have the best prices i nedmonton by far man

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I run 25" bearclaws on my 225 moto-4, if I had it to do over I'd probably go 24" sometimes when she gets stuck in I bog out and the tires won't spin. Far as keeping up with the 4x4's I do it all the time, weight is your advantage.
Call Kevin at Rapid Revolutions....he'll set you up.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My bear claws are 25x12.5x9, I too am running a 225cc,. I took some pictures if you are interested.

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run 25" bearclaws on my 225 moto-4, if I had it to do over I'd probably go 24" sometimes when she gets stuck in I bog out and the tires won't spin. Far as keeping up with the 4x4's I do it all the time, weight is your advantage.
Call Kevin at Rapid Revolutions....he'll set you up.

i agree with the boggster,,, go 24" with an aggressive tread as long as u can keep em rotating i think u'll usually make it thru....

Terry

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used to have a moto 4 and i installed a set of super swamper vampires on the back and bear claws on front and that thing was unstoppable. But mine was also a 350cc not a 250.

Top Bottom