Recession just around the corner?

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
which one is it?

Lol anyone keeping up with this thing? My years top investment it went to 31.5 today before someone dumped at the end of day bringing it back down to .21, pretty crazy 15x your money or more possibly if you got some at .01

Reaction score

Thank you..... I'm certainly no expert, but have previously dabbled with reasonable success.... and I have to say, I do like this chart (looking at 5 years)

Capture.jpg

Last edited:

eagle eye

Reaction score
I didn't buy any today it opened too high but closed at .19 so it could get interesting tomorrow. I wouldn't recommend chasing it now the safe money has been made but that was a few years wages for the average person in a few days that was fun lol. Those are the special stories that don't come around too often risk vs reward at .02 it was a awsome play for me.

eagle eye

Reaction score
Just happened to have been talking about it in this thread and people were asking so I mentioned it I doubt anyone cares but anywho. They crushed this thing yesterday a couple friends coulda sold at .30 and didn't and went back down basically 100,000$ gone in a day from being too greedy lol. That's the stock market though it's all timing and knowing when to walk away

Old Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All this was caused in the past. We all were running wild with spending not putting anything$ away. Government of the past living in a dream world. Not doing any planning for the years ahead. Big corporation wanting all their big profits in one hour with summer homes all over the world. Greed is now getting some pay back.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All this was caused in the past. We all were running wild with spending not putting anything$ away. Government of the past living in a dream world. Not doing any planning for the years ahead. Big corporation wanting all their big profits in one hour with summer homes all over the world. Greed is now getting some pay back.

Your so right ... If everyone put every $ they had in a bank and never spent a dollar on anything extra except food and shelter, the economy would be great .....
ohhh boy....

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I see that Imperial Oil is going to proceed with the Cold Lake oil sands plant.... that's a good sign. I suspect because it wouldn't be operational for many years to come, and probably after the NDP is gone after the next 3 years.

I believe It's a sag-d plant, and I hope there is a pipeline built and flowing our product to market before it goes online.

It also could be capital money already spent on building mods before the bottom dropped out of the market.

None the less it's still a huge positive in our province. There are lots of projects on the go but it seems it's very rare for positive news to circulate around, same goes for the redwater project and many others.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Your so right ... If everyone put every $ they had in a bank and never spent a dollar on anything extra except food and shelter, the economy would be great .....
ohhh boy....

It really is a catch 22. Since the '60s or '70s, it seems things have really gotten bad. As the world has seemingly gone away from country's looking after each other and their citizens, and holding power and we've shifted to corporations holding the power- we've been on a roller coaster ride.

Trudeau 1.0s mandate of letting the government borrow from banks really did a number on us, and really got the ball rolling. We've never really recovered. And then, as generations fell victim to all the propaganda of 'the government is here to help' bull****, here we are.

Noone saves. We need everything NOW! We are told we need to spend money to keep the economy going. We are told we need to borrow money because it's cheap to do so. And then, we are told that debt levels are are record high- as if it's a bad thing. Sometimes, I swear it's like they are doing it on purpose, to get people so confused they just give up altogether.

The fact that Ontario is now floating the idea of a 'wage' from the government, and the fact that your looked at like a criminal if you take any amount of cash outta the bank- really doesn't help disprove the theory.

I feel bad for the kids, like 10 or younger. They are going to have a pretty tough go unless we get this **** figured out and soon.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Imperial Oil put in an application, which is now for the AER to approve. There is no construction happening until that is approved. Nothing is guaranteed here, just doing the typical application process.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Imperial Oil put in an application, which is now for the AER to approve. There is no construction happening until that is approved. Nothing is guaranteed here, just doing the typical application process.

Also lots of companies get projects approved and never build it. Oilsands projects are so long to get going so need to be always putting in applications.

Kind

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think one thing we all need to keep in mind is when our economy picks back up that we all need to work together rather then cut each other's throats to get the work. I'm not saying we need to rip off the oil companies with ridiculously high contractor rates but there is no reason why anyone needs to hog all the work in thier particular field either.

Competition is suppose to elevate the play of everyone, not drag them down.

As well everyone would be benefited by stoping the blame game. I don't care what political party did what, they all fuk us around one way or the other. These oil companies don't just flip around in the winds of political change... They had a good idea this would happen well before the NDP or Libs took office. Sadly it is us vs. them and as citizens we need to band together so we all prosper. Politicians do not control the oil market and we would be doing ourselves a big favour if we would stop acting like oil companies are our little sibling that we need to protect rather then the manipulative bully they really are. Just because they are the hand that feeds you doesn't mean any of us should ever turn a blind eye to them. That applies to politicians as well.

We need to make our country prosper rather then wait for someone or some multinational bank or corporation to do it for us. Perhaps we need to create industries that can sustain us.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think one thing we all need to keep in mind is when our economy picks back up that we all need to work together rather then cut each other's throats to get the work. I'm not saying we need to rip off the oil companies with ridiculously high contractor rates but there is no reason why anyone needs to hog all the work in thier particular field either.

Competition is suppose to elevate the play of everyone, not drag them down.

As well everyone would be benefited by stoping the blame game. I don't care what political party did what, they all fuk us around one way or the other. These oil companies don't just flip around in the winds of political change... They had a good idea this would happen well before the NDP or Libs took office. Sadly it is us vs. them and as citizens we need to band together so we all prosper. Politicians do not control the oil market and we would be doing ourselves a big favour if we would stop acting like oil companies are our little sibling that we need to protect rather then the manipulative bully they really are. Just because they are the hand that feeds you doesn't mean any of us should ever turn a blind eye to them. That applies to politicians as well.

We need to make our country prosper rather then wait for someone or some multinational bank or corporation to do it for us. Perhaps we need to create industries that can sustain us.

Humm 08-09 downturn did not see the layoffs like this downturn, and the oil price was the same. What changed I wonder???? I'll give you a hint.

It's already cut throat out there. Companies have cut rates so much that some have taken a 35% rate cut and are barely making a profit.

And please share your ideas on new industries that would sustain us Better than what we have now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The main stream media has been brain washing the people for a long time and your post shines true and strong. I WILL blame the political parties: NDP and Liberal for deliberately taking jobs away (no pipeline approvals) and at a time when people are losing their jobs these wing nuts want to start another tax (carbon tax). Word is it will cost most Canadians an additional 500 to your utility bill. You really think we shouldn't blame anyone for this. Pffft. Personally I'm pissed about all this.

Top Bottom