Recession just around the corner?

eagle eye

Reaction score
Unless you have that one in a million stock no money will be made on marijuana stocks that fad has passed. I don't hear a lot of good thoughts on what to buy. First off in this market nothing is moving unless the company has cash there's your first rule xx cash means xxxx value before even starting. Watch for financing and what the price is at and also non diluted stocks I try stay away from anything over 120 mil outstanding or it makes it hard for them to move it. Buy low like absolutely at the bottom if you think it's only a double for example it's not worth it you should be thinking 10x. It really is a cutthroat market there is only a couple special stories on the venture right now and tax loss selling is almost over so prices will move back up soon. My personal opinion is if you don't have like $30,000 minimum (50 would be better) you are going to struggle to make money in this market at least any real money. With that said there is a couple out there but it's all about timing.

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unless you have that one in a million stock no money will be made on marijuana stocks that fad has passed. I don't hear a lot of good thoughts on what to buy. First off in this market nothing is moving unless the company has cash there's your first rule xx cash means xxxx value before even starting. Watch for financing and what the price is at and also non diluted stocks I try stay away from anything over 120 mil outstanding or it makes it hard for them to move it. Buy low like absolutely at the bottom if you think it's only a double for example it's not worth it you should be thinking 10x. It really is a cutthroat market there is only a couple special stories on the venture right now and tax loss selling is almost over so prices will move back up soon. My personal opinion is if you don't have like $30,000 minimum (50 would be better) you are going to struggle to make money in this market at least any real money. With that said there is a couple out there but it's all about timing.
So which ones you think are worth it?
I watch and read on teck consistantly, theyre at all time lows

bingo1010

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would be careful with teck, coal is not looking good for a future, not saying the company no good but i dont think it has bottomed yet, if you guys play on the venture check out canada carbon, ccb.graphite company, easily upgraded to 99.9998% purity, being considered as the new astm standard for nuclear applications, 43-101
coming very soon. As a bonus have many tons of white archetectural marble that they allready have an sales contract on. Read the news, many good things coming up soon in the new year. Currently around .30, market cap about 25 mill, but the marble contract alone puts the company worth .50/share. That is all bonus as graphite will be the real money maker. Check out the pics they show lots of graphite.... Easily visable. It is all at surface so easily/ cheaply mined

Last edited:

Bigblack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
George Soros spent millions (billions?) driving down the value of coal under the guise of being an environmental crusader. Now he's buying coal stock hand over fist. (Google it) Maybe after Knothead gets her way for a bit, coal stocks in AB will be ripe for a resurgence. (?)

bingo1010

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
George Soros spent millions (billions?) driving down the value of coal under the guise of being an environmental crusader. Now he's buying coal stock hand over fist. (Google it) Maybe after Knothead gets her way for a bit, coal stocks in AB will be ripe for a resurgence. (?)

one thing for sure, coal power is dead in alberta. metalurgical coal that we export is a crapshoot when it will recover

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
energy (power) producers are just coming off 10 year lows, mainly because of the energy sector in general but also hit hard by the carbon talk. Capital Power bottomed out at $15.41 and now sits at $17.35 but senior management bought up 10's of thousands of shares at $21.80 and a bunch more at $19.75. The dividend has been increased even as the stock price has fallen making the yield high $1.46 annual dividend on a $17 stock. Capital power operates wind farms and NG generators not just coal. I would imagine any lost lifecycle of the existing coal generators will need to be compensated by the government and we will always need power.

I haven't bought in yet but I'm kicking myself now because I believe that the $15.41 was bottom, it will bounce around a bit but as far as a long term income investment I'm betting it's a good choice. Transalta has conventional and renewables, take your pick, Capital Power's renewables are being developed alongside conventional.

eagle eye

Reaction score
Stay away from resource stocks. Honestly what are you looking to make? Depends what you have to invest. If you want to make a couple grand for a trip or something or 10k? 100k etc? Rarely would you get rich off of anything other then penny stocks and it is a cutthroat market ATM with only a few shining stars.

eagle eye

Reaction score
Lol ya dreamers. Like I said earlier if you want to make money IMO you need at least 30k your not scared to lose because it's gambling. I couldn't recommend anything ATM really there was a couple bargains last week before tax loss selling ended though. I bought some of this gene news at .01 a couple weeks back and made a quick 5x my money so I picked up another 250,000 shares at .025 the current price just because I'm playing with their money now not really risking my own. It's cheap but not what I'd call safe although they have a huge management team behind them. Lots of potential it's cheap so whatever took a dabble. Markets moving up again most of the bargains are gone for now.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stay away from resource stocks. Honestly what are you looking to make? Depends what you have to invest. If you want to make a couple grand for a trip or something or 10k? 100k etc? Rarely would you get rich off of anything other then penny stocks and it is a cutthroat market ATM with only a few shining stars.

Just an update, from the two company stocks I bought in Dec & Jan I have returns of 82% & 37%... I'm personally not selling I get closer to returns of 200%.

Gonna buy more on some dips this months.

I ain't gonna retire with this money, but I wouldn't mind a nice little bonus...

Last edited:

eagle eye

Reaction score
Well interesting enough you bring this up today did you see where I said I bought gene news at .025? I bought another 250,000 after that for .02 did you see today's price? 11.5 that's well over 200% return almost 6x my money. More money games within the selling but you had a choice to make good money today or be greedy if you own some.

Bigblack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well interesting enough you bring this up today did you see where I said I bought gene news at .025? I bought another 250,000 after that for .02 did you see today's price? 11.5 that's well over 200% return almost 6x my money. More money games within the selling but you had a choice to make good money today or be greedy if you own some.
It's at 0.095 now after a press release today....spiked at 0.115. Hopefully you sold...?

eagle eye

Reaction score
Ya I sold I was going to get greedy but in this market its better to play it safe. We will tell early Monday but it might gap up to .14-.15 range but I don't ever worry about missed profits I look at what I put in the bank and it was a good day. Made $8800 on another play as well but I'm riding that one out see how it goes.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Ya I saw that, turned out to be a great pick! My point is that the oil patch has some great buys for the average joe.

My only recommendation is to invest in something a guy knows. I know nothing about mining but I know a lot about the energy side (development, D&C, production). I consider my picks low risk but the market always tends to over react. Easy money, just don't look at it on its down days!

eagle eye

Reaction score
I liked how it looked again this morning so I loaded up out of the gates and sold at .17 again wow man crazy juice on this thing. Fun days for sure when euphoria sets in

eagle eye

Reaction score
Pre bid is .25 already this woulda been a 10 bagger at the very least. I don't know many places where you can make 10x your money in a few days that's for sure.

eagle eye

Reaction score
Lol anyone keeping up with this thing? My years top investment it went to 31.5 today before someone dumped at the end of day bringing it back down to .21, pretty crazy 15x your money or more possibly if you got some at .01

Top Bottom