Rebuilding RT1000 top end.

whole_control

Reaction score
Website
www.apexautomationltd.com
I squeaked a piston last weekend and wanna do a top end rebuild before the next ride in Feb. My friends and I have done multiple 800 top ends. I guess I was just wondering if there is anything I will need to know about these 1000 before I start... any tips as too what kind of pistons work the best?

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There a pretty basic topend to do. Just curious as to why it went down, if this sled is the same one I'm thinking of its a pretty low km engine. Was this the sleds first trip of the season?

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
easy peezy same as your 800's.
see chris at parkland motorsports in Stony Plain for parts. he beat the hell out of everybody wheni did th complete on mine last spring. 780-963-0080

whole_control

Reaction score
Website
www.apexautomationltd.com
There a pretty basic topend to do. Just curious as to why it went down, if this sled is the same one I'm thinking of its a pretty low km engine. Was this the sleds first trip of the season?

If your thinking fuel... I used fuel stabilizer before I put it away last May. I also put 1200 km's on it last year. tons of ditching and some long days in Crowsnest added up fast. the sled has 4000km on it now. which is still not a ton.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm just wondering if your fuel injectors might need to be cleaned

Top Bottom