Rebuilding a turbo?

Jesse_01

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever rebuilt a turbo. I have a silber turbo pulled out and sitting on the shelf, how hard are they to re/re bearings and seals? I have no reason to need todo it other than its sitting there and need a project lol. Sled is working great stock so I have nothing to wrench on lol.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would leave it alone. No one in PG balances turbos.

Jesse_01

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha okay. I will take the clutches off our sleds clean them instead lol. Stock sleds are boring, they give you nothing to tinker with lol.

JP.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha okay. I will take the clutches off our sleds clean them instead lol. Stock sleds are boring, they give you nothing to tinker with lol.

Now you can put a boostit turbo on!!
But it's boring also, mines been perfect every trip out this year... So no fixing for you!!

I don't think you can give your silber kit away..... To bad

Jesse_01

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Now you can put a boostit turbo on!!
But it's boring also, mines been perfect every trip out this year... So no fixing for you!!

I don't think you can give your silber kit away..... To bad

Wow that was really helpful. Your such a usefully poster.

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just go buy yourself a ford diesel 6l you will have so much to work on, and then have to give it away.............

JP.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow that was really helpful. Your such a usefully poster.

Ya no problem

Oh ya....... Don't waist anymore time rebuilding that turbo, you've already lost $4000 on the silber kit.

Any other questions?

Jesse_01

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just go buy yourself a ford diesel 6l you will have so much to work on, and then have to give it away.............

Actually I had 2 6.0L diesel. Put 150k on both of them. Didn't have a single issue besides normal wear problems. Did the brakes once and window once.

Jesse_01

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya no problem

Oh ya....... Don't waist anymore time rebuilding that turbo, you've already lost $4000 on the silber kit.

Any other questions?

FYI I didn't pay $4k for the turbo. Bought the sled and with it on. Got a deal on the sled so I figure I would try it out.

I had a boondocker also. Performance wise they about the same . Sold it with 1300miles on with not a single problem.

Only problem I had with silber was voltage regulator which wasn't turbo related.

Top Bottom