rear suspension sag on 2009 summit xp

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you dont need the front track shock...its an option. yes i have spent time on a machine with this setup. dont have to listen to me its just an option.

700 is reasonable considering that single rear shock is about 400 alone and then you get a complete rear scissor setup that is differant from the factory one.

yeah its not cheap. ive installed a couple mountain tamers in the xp and those work awesome also. but twice the money.

just throwin ooptions out there. i run fox and when running a sled side by side with factory equiptment there is no comparison. but those are just my findings.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you dont need the front track shock...its an option. yes i have spent time on a machine with this setup. dont have to listen to me its just an option.

700 is reasonable considering that single rear shock is about 400 alone and then you get a complete rear scissor setup that is differant from the factory one.

yeah its not cheap. ive installed a couple mountain tamers in the xp and those work awesome also. but twice the money.

just throwin ooptions out there. i run fox and when running a sled side by side with factory equiptment there is no comparison. but those are just my findings.

Cool, like I said I have never run them on a sled. Nice to hear from people who have run them.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i guess they are probly not for everyone. they do require to be rebuilt ever so often. and so do all shocks. the differance is that if a spring shock needs to be rebuilt you can still ride it where a fox shock it may start to loose air

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sasksummit, is'nt that the same rear skid brian has on the Johndeere? How much was his?

No Brian is running the mountain tamer from timber sled.
Who is fountaintire xp?

Maxwell I thought all you got for 700 was just a shock I didn't realize there were diffent siccors as well.
How much better will an XP climb with this setup?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it is a bit better. it can if you get it adjusted good with the correct pressures what whatnot. you have more adjustability. however you can adjust your stock xp skid to climb probly just aswell. the kit is basically to save some weight, loose the coil springs and have a better ride. for those that really know there way around skid tuning the kit would yeild better climbing abilty over stock but im not someone who is a perfectionist at that yet. so i dont want to throw incorrect information out just yet.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a couple PM's for Part # this is what I used!

Rear spring Bushings -572080700 =$10each
Rear spring - 503191287 RH = $52.25
Rear spring - 503191289 LH = $52.25

XP_800_08

Reaction score
I had the sag on my 08summit xp,upgraded to fox float with reservoir from Nextech(summit sag fix)awesome ride even have Float 2 on the ski's completely different sled.Fronts bottomed out on the ride in wiped at the end of the day.Tried the heavy springs only made the first season,sagging returned.wasn't getting anywhere with the shock issue,with the dealer.
I'm still running with the rear springs,and float.rides the same at the end of the day as I started.NO SAG.no collapse on the ramp either.I'm 6'4" and 250 lbs.It was suggested under 200 lbs you can run without rear springs,for the weight cut.Ride is awesome, climbs better,only negative was the price.1600 for all of it.installed in 1.5 hrs in the back yard.

Big Bark

Reaction score
first upgrade to a set of stiffer springs fron a 2up model machine.

then

use these spring spacers so that the springs are using there full energy transfer

P2_2.jpg

the skid geometry is terrible. there is no way those sprigns can efficiently hold the weight of the sled up..

OR

better yet rather than spend 700$ on crapy brp junk

get the carbon sled upgrade float conversion

ditch those stupid coil springs, save some weight and get a better ride with no sag

around 700-800$

Skidoo_FFC1sm.jpg

I have a rear float2 with Nextechs rear arm for sale it sucks.
500.00 only has 3 rides on it. email rob@dirtydieselcustoms.com

Big Bark

Reaction score
It just flat out does not work
You have to have it like a rock to work and then it would not stay there. The Fox float is to much hassle. I am going to try Darrell Bakers rear suspension this year. Sled will be going down to his shop mid next week.

Top Bottom