rear suspension sag on 2009 summit xp

kbone163

Reaction score
I have an 2009 summit xp 163 and it always sagged but then it got a lot worse to the point where it wouldnt really recover I took the rear shock out tonight and compressed it and it took a good ten seconds to come back out on its own I am guessing that it is screwed ,and was wondering if there are any descent after market shocks out there that are a good bang for there buck. Also should I order stronger springs any insight would be appreiciated.

bigdawg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ZBROZ RACING....... EXIT Shock Absorbers use only the highest quality materials available for example, 7075-T6 Aluminum that is hard anodized to create a surface that resists corrosion and looks great. All EXIT shocks are designed using the latest CAD/CAM technology; no parts are cast or welded. Even the piston design is uniquely built to handle high fluid flow, and high shaft speeds. All this is possible because of the low turbulent port design. Offered in various lengths depending on your application.

Also available on X1 models is a compression adjusters that really works, built to handle the high flow, high shaft speed torture of today’s long travel suspensions.

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BRP this year offers an update kit that converts it to the 2010 suspension. NO ITS NOT WARRANTY!! its just a suspension upgrade for the 08. 09 sleds. everyone so far seems to love it. also try timber sled, kmod, enzo here in calgary. lots of options.
change ur rear shock, and springs, could help. but the angle of the suspenson pivot points is what was changed in 2010. so look around and good luck

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
check post in here first ride 09 xpx by me bhowes was a good thread w/ lots of solutions

kbone163

Reaction score
Thanks for the help I will have to make a decsion... really wasn't wanting to spend money on a issue that doo should resolve, but such is life. Thanks again for the help.

steel town

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ZBROZ RACING....... EXIT Shock Absorbers use only the highest quality materials available for example, 7075-T6 Aluminum that is hard anodized to create a surface that resists corrosion and looks great. All EXIT shocks are designed using the latest CAD/CAM technology; no parts are cast or welded. Even the piston design is uniquely built to handle high fluid flow, and high shaft speeds. All this is possible because of the low turbulent port design. Offered in various lengths depending on your application.

Also available on X1 models is a compression adjusters that really works, built to handle the high flow, high shaft speed torture of today’s long travel suspensions.
+1 for Z bro's
I checked out their stuff at the sled show and I would kill for a set of those shock(s).
He had a display unit there, and the shock had some very innovative stuff going on, the Zollinger bros were really helpfull and friendly as well.

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help I will have to make a decsion... really wasn't wanting to spend money on a issue that doo should resolve, but such is life. Thanks again for the help.

the reason BRP wouldnt do anything for this is that there wasnt enought problems noted to BRP to make this a Warranty updated part. so they made an option for the ppl that were having issues a solution.. just a bit of the insite on that.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put the HD springs in and no more problem......other than it cost me $90 to fix BRP's problem:mad:

Toeknee

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put the HD springs in and no more problem......other than it cost me $90 to fix BRP's problem:mad:

After reading all the comments on S&M I did the same before I even picked it up. hope to get ot and try them out soon.

kbone163

Reaction score
Hey sled slut your in the parts department for a skidoo dealer right.... How does the warrenty work I took my shock of now I have to bring it in to the dealer. Will they give me a brand new one right away or do I have to buy a new one ,and then they ship the faulty one of to brp and refund me after.

drop the hammer

Reaction score
They will just recharge the shock if it is low on N2. If it is not low on N2, then they may charge you to check it out as it would not be warranty. Almost all of the 2008's were low in pressure. 2009s were supposed to be fine....I believe with the crappy stock valving that they are like a wet noodle anyways....enough N2 or not, i highly recommend a re-valving by a QUALIFIED suspension guy....not your skidoo dealer with the brp tech's. Fett brothers or Enzo in Calgary can do it. There's a few others that focus on suspensions that can do it too.

Adding stiffer rear springs and setting them on a lower setting helps a lot, letting limiter strap out all the way and softening front skid shock also helps.

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have an 2009 summit xp 163 and it always sagged but then it got a lot worse to the point where it wouldnt really recover I took the rear shock out tonight and compressed it and it took a good ten seconds to come back out on its own I am guessing that it is screwed ,and was wondering if there are any descent after market shocks out there that are a good bang for there buck. Also should I order stronger springs any insight would be appreiciated.

Have the same problem on my kids 09 XP and he only weighs 140#. Had shock out twice and Doo recharged it. They told me it comes from factory with only 40# and should be 300#. That was a waste of time. They want you to buy the update for sum $600.00. Kit only. BRP will do nothing for you as far as warranty goes. Service said that the stock shock only handles 5% of the load and it's the springs that are the problem. Not sure what I'm going to do. Revalve, new shock/Springs or replace the susp. Sucks to have to buy new susp. after 1500km on a new sled.
Very annoying B-Stards..... Good Luck.

xrsrev

Reaction score

Where might a guy get ahold of Zbros in alberta? R there any dealers here or just the states?

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a guy out of Sylvan Lake that carries ZBros suspension, I believe his name on here is BigDawg and he posted on the first page of this thread.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
first upgrade to a set of stiffer springs fron a 2up model machine.

then

use these spring spacers so that the springs are using there full energy transfer

P2_2.jpg

the skid geometry is terrible. there is no way those sprigns can efficiently hold the weight of the sled up..

OR

better yet rather than spend 700$ on crapy brp junk

get the carbon sled upgrade float conversion

ditch those stupid coil springs, save some weight and get a better ride with no sag

around 700-800$

Skidoo_FFC1sm.jpg

tamsy

Reaction score
Where can you get that suspension setup for the 700- 800 you say? Would be very interested if that is true

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The BRP kit comes with 2 shocks, the kit I see for $700 only comes with one fox shock, but anyway, have U run these? I'm not sold on the whole Fox/air shock stuff. Ran air on a jeep/tube buggy, did not like them at all waste of money imo.

Top Bottom