rear suspension advice

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got a set of Elka stage 4 in my skid and also put in the HD springs

Can't quite get comfortable on it .. mind you I know absolutely nothing about suspension setup. Feels like its harder to initiate a turn than my T3 and keeps wanting to flop back over

Do you run the HD rear springs ? What rider weight are they sprung for

Would you run them with elkas ? I'm about 190 + gear .. not a big jumper .. just wanted better skid control

Summit74

Reaction score
No experience w/ the HD rear springs, but I did add a fox 1.5 zero C (compression adjustable piggyback) rear shock and Float 3 Evol r for front track shock. I have my rear compression set pretty firm and am using stock torsion springs set on 3. Skis seem to stay pretty planted on my 165 3". I weigh about 25 lbs more than you, plus have a tunnel bag.

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No changes. Waiting for elka to release their shocks.

On my T3 I had stock shocks with hd front and torsion springs, no sway bar and I was pretty comfortable.

Since there is no hd front spring I'll just see about upgrading the whole front suspension.

I put my stock torsion springs back in tonight. Will ride tomorrow and see if that was the answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

butthead

Reaction score
No changes. Waiting for elka to release their shocks.

On my T3 I had stock shocks with hd front and torsion springs, no sway bar and I was pretty comfortable.

Since there is no hd front spring I'll just see about upgrading the whole front suspension.

i did get this in the mail yesterday dont get to wet now

I put my stock torsion springs back in tonight. Will ride tomorrow and see if that was the answer.

i did get this in the mail yesterday dont get to wet now

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Much happier with the stock torsion springs.

And yes, have a set of front elkas coming in the mail!

Top Bottom