Rear cooler

Mackie 12

Reaction score
I have done a track extension 121 to 136 on my MXZ and it is overheating, i am going to move the cooler further back in the tunnel but dont know what to do as far as coolant lines? where does a guy run them now?

Mackie 12

Reaction score
should it be that simple? comparing it to my summit rear flap them seam to be the same length.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, longer flap (like touching the ground at static ride height) will keep more sled in tunnel and throw more snow up onto the cooler.

If you want to extend it, will need a picture to give you some ideas, since you might be able to add some cooling capacity etc by adding the rear cooler.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm with the Max and Mod. Didn't need more cooler with my 136 project, but a proper flap helped a lot.

Mackie 12

Reaction score
So if i rivet another rear flap on just touching the ground at ride height that should solve the problem? I also installed some scratchers which i know help the hyfax's but do they help with cooloing? Overkill how much do you want for the cooler? i will be attending the sled show this weekend.

my mod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So if i rivet another rear flap on just touching the ground at ride height that should solve the problem? I also installed some scratchers which i know help the hyfax's but do they help with cooloing? Overkill how much do you want for the cooler? i will be attending the sled show this weekend.

I know of a couple of people that have done what you are doing and they had no issues at all. With the scratchers and the extended flap you have already done you should just try it, you will see that it will be fine and no need to add the extra cooler and weight.

Mackie 12

Reaction score
I will try exaclty that and see what happens, worst case scenario i have to put her back in the garage drink beer and work on it! Thanks for the help to everyone who posted

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Scratchers will help big time too, I would run it like my mod said and see first before going to all the trouble of adding the cooler. Let us know.

Mackie 12

Reaction score
I put sled back together and extended rear flap to sit level when i am on it, will try it out and see what happens! thanks for the help

Mackie 12

Reaction score
last winter she would over heat when we are going down the trail, but soon as you hit any sort of powder it would cool off. i think thta answers your question?

megatron customs

Reaction score
Have you tried ice scratchers? i had a 97 mxz 670 mod sled with a 740 big bore kit and it never over heated.

Mackie 12

Reaction score
I just put a set on, the cable kind so we will see if that works

Top Bottom