Rear coils on a 3/4T?? i dunno....Interesting read though!

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chev did that in the seventies did they not. I think we all know how that worked out But better technology and materials today so might be good who knows

dodgeguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yup chevy was there first....dodge repeating the same mistake, only time will tell!!

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The factory air bags (on 3500 with leaf spring sups) really intrigues me. Self levelling when loaded!

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like everything else on a Dodge- 3-5 years and it will be junk and expensive to replace. With no warranty after the first 6 months likely either.

dodgeguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
GM and Ford are no different...no vehicle is really built to last like they used to be!

But I can't forget to mention my 97 Dodge that is still running quite well (315K+), all power options work, aside from AC (clutch piled up), can't say the same for the '99 chev 6.0L I had before it was as good with 300k+ on the clock...j/s But this isn't a bashing thread, I did like the Chev!

I am just interested to see some weight in the back of these coil sprung p/u's, how well will they carry the weight!?

Last edited:

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
GM and Ford are no different...no vehicle is really built to last like they used to be!

But I can't forget to mention my 97 Dodge that is still running quite well (315K+), all power options work, aside from AC (clutch piled up), can't say the same for the '99 chev 6.0L I had before it was as good with 300k+ on the clock...j/s But this isn't a bashing thread, I did like the Chev!

I am just interested to see some weight in the back of these coil sprung p/u's, how well will they carry the weight!?

Nice. my son bought my old 95 F250 with a 7.3, when i sold it to him about 6yrs ago it had just turned 400k. He now has 580k and running strong, the body looks like......well its almost 20yrs old hahaha
BTW original motor and trans.

The coil idea will make the 3/4 ride nice but i don't know about carrying a good load. But then there is the 3500 available which was not in the old days as a pickup.

Last edited:

bigz64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
firestone has had a kit for the past few years where you could replace the leafs on all big 3 trucks with the same air bag system. i think its a good idea, i would like to see a 3-5 years of history to see how well it would work

BIG DAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
last three trucks have bben dodge.s and all have hit over 400 000kms with lots of miles on logging rds/lease rds all held up incredible almost switched to chev this time when I was unable to find a manual in a reasonable time frame ... figured the allison may be the way to go but the $ dictated another dodge and so far so good

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
figured the allison ma
y be the way to go but the $ dictated another dodge and so far so good
Yes it takes money to buy quality....... Joking , no flaming required....I drove my first Dodge the other day. It was a loaded 1/2 ton. A lady was at the car wash and a big commotion was going on. I asked if everything was OK. She said her sons face was full of blood. Long story short she had dogs in the truck (Way to hot to leave them in side) and I took her truck and dropped off the dogs at her moms place while she was in Urgent care in Airdrie. Was a nice truck. Seemed to be pretty peppy. Exhaust was a little noisy for my liking (I must be getting old).....

Top Bottom