Real top speed!

hammerbike

Reaction score
Sorry 70 feet just saying no i didnt get out the tape but the 1000 cat is not vary fast out of the hole. Lighting 1000 on hear was in the 1000 im sure he will chime in soon.the 1000 does have long legs.
My teryx has about 90hp and mass amounts of torque its a trail race fundy kit.
Thats really wierd, I have only seen one 1000 and the dude just "lit 'em up" from a dead stop on dry pavement! Sure didn't seem like it was very slow! Your unit is modified, was the 1000 similarly equipped?? Just curious to know, there are no Teryx's around here, so I have never even seen one! Sounds like a hot unit for sure!

tomanytoysnotnuftime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry 70 feet just saying no i didnt get out the tape but the 1000 cat is not vary fast out of the hole. Lighting 1000 on hear was in the 1000 im sure he will chime in soon.the 1000 does have long legs.
My teryx has about 90hp and mass amounts of torque its a trail race fundy kit.

Is it a 800 race engine or a 820. Thinking about a FST 750 or 840 kit for myself.

Apextenn

Reaction score
I have been considering a side by side but are they actually that unstable on gravel etc. I know i can do 80 mph on gravel all day with my renagade and have never been scared i guess it makes sence with the extra weight and such with a side x side and with the short wheelbase i could see the rear wheels wanting to go all over the place on gravel. Just thought they would be allot like a quad and be pretty stable on gravel oh well. What i am really looking at is for rhino with a blowen motor then swap in a motor out of apex other then mabey blowing rear ends and driveline components should be pretty unstoppable the only diadvantage is sealing up the motor so it can be submurged under water think it would be a fun project though seen a few on youtube and they fly at least on pavement.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been considering a side by side but are they actually that unstable on gravel etc. I know i can do 80 mph on gravel all day with my renagade and have never been scared i guess it makes sence with the extra weight and such with a side x side and with the short wheelbase i could see the rear wheels wanting to go all over the place on gravel. Just thought they would be allot like a quad and be pretty stable on gravel oh well. What i am really looking at is for rhino with a blowen motor then swap in a motor out of apex other then mabey blowing rear ends and driveline components should be pretty unstoppable the only diadvantage is sealing up the motor so it can be submurged under water think it would be a fun project though seen a few on youtube and they fly at least on pavement.

Get a rzr s ,they are the only one designed to handle and go fast.IE. low center of gravity,long travel,front,rear wieght dist. etc etc..They handle like a vette on rough roads gravel .
A rhino does not have the handling or driveline for massive power. put a turbo on a rzr s then you have power and handling.
I had a renegade and over long stretchs of rough road my rzr was faster. The gade was quicker but can`t soak up the bumps like a rzr . And the rzr did out mud the renegade as well,hoever the rzr has a few mods....

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine does 84kph now and haven't hit limiter,.. it will go faster but I haven't tried.. It's not going to be very often that I go that fast anyways,.. up to 60 is good enough for me.

Top Bottom