Real top speed!

hammerbike

Reaction score
I was out playin today and I came across a real nice, smooth gravel road and thought, why not? So off I go, pulls up to approx 92 kph and then......just shuts down! WTF? Then I remember my buddy told me that if you hold the reverse over ride switch down, it'll keep going, sooooooo, off I go again and at approx 90 kph I push the reverse over ride switch on............Yup, right up to approx 98 kph!! I could have hit 100 kph (60 mph), but I was runnin outta road!! LOL
Anyway, I didn't know how many knew about this, so I thought I would post. It's not something I do a lot, but every once in a while......YAHOO!!! :d

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was out playin today and I came across a real nice, smooth gravel road and thought, why not? So off I go, pulls up to approx 92 kph and then......just shuts down! WTF? Then I remember my buddy told me that if you hold the reverse over ride switch down, it'll keep going, sooooooo, off I go again and at approx 90 kph I push the reverse over ride switch on............Yup, right up to approx 98 kph!! I could have hit 100 kph (60 mph), but I was runnin outta road!! LOL
Anyway, I didn't know how many knew about this, so I thought I would post. It's not something I do a lot, but every once in a while......YAHOO!!! :d

Off course 100 kph on a gravel road is a bit risky with low pressure tires but yes the reverse override will temporarily bypass ur speed limiter. But i would be very cautious in re-inacting this, of course given ur yrs of off road experience and age (lol) i suppose its your choice..... glad ur loving the prowler.

Terry

hammerbike

Reaction score
Off course 100 kph on a gravel road is a bit risky with low pressure tires but yes the reverse override will temporarily bypass ur speed limiter. But i would be very cautious in re-inacting this, of course given ur yrs of off road experience and age (lol) i suppose its your choice..... glad ur loving the prowler.

Terry
Oh I don't do it often, but I believe (even at my age, LOL) that it's important to know what your machine is capable of in case you ever get into a situation ..... like out runnin the cops, I MEAN, uh........ say I give a ride to an elderly lady and she's gonna be late for church, well I would need to know if I can get her there on time! You know?? LOL

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just be careful about burning out cv boots because of heat due to friction and speed, and putting oil into your airbox in the form of vapor and starving your engine of oil through the crankcase breather.

hammerbike

Reaction score
ya, there are a few little old ladies that have no concept of time, and are seldom late......lol put nice to here from a customer that the 700 PROWLER XTX is that fast....

Terry
The speed is fun once in a while, but it's the bottom and mid-range power that is really sweet! Suspension, handling, it is THE TOTAL PACKAGE!! LOL
Thanks Terry, I appreciate everything you do!

hammerbike

Reaction score
Just be careful about burning out cv boots because of heat due to friction and speed, and putting oil into your airbox in the form of vapor and starving your engine of oil through the crankcase breather.
This is the 1st time that I have had WFO and I'm now at 1250 kms. It's not a prority for me, I just like to have a hi-mark to compare with periodically. I do the same with my motorcycle and truck too, just to check once a year that everything is consistant and nothing has changed, handling or performance wise. I monitor fuel mileage about 6-7 times a year too, for the same reasons. I am a firm believer, that "lettin her buck" every once in a while, don't hurt nothin'!

hammerbike

Reaction score
I don't believe the RPM's increase much at all, it's just the final bit of the clutch that allows the increased speed. If I give'er it'll jump to about 5200 rpm and HAUL A$$, at 98 kph it was only doing approx 5600 rpm. Oil level never changed and filter remained clean, it's all good. But, thank you for the feedback and info. I've been hot roddin for most of my life and I understand what you're sayin. Good info.

RZR101

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
09 RZR, removed the speed limiter on the primary (a 1" long spacer), 105 no other mods.:cool:

Allan Wilbee

Reaction score

Terry
You can do the same by removing the rev limiter collar. I have an 09 RZR with DMC dual exhaust, ITI chip, clutch kit, 2" lift kit, High Lifter springs, K&N Filter , Complete snorkel kit,14" BigHorn Maxxis and a 700 watt Marine Clarein sound system with 2 8" subs and this thing rocks approx. 70mph

hammerbike

Reaction score
You can do the same by removing the rev limiter collar. I have an 09 RZR with DMC dual exhaust, ITI chip, clutch kit, 2" lift kit, High Lifter springs, K&N Filter , Complete snorkel kit,14" BigHorn Maxxis and a 700 watt Marine Clarein sound system with 2 8" subs and this thing rocks approx. 70mph
I'm not interested in going any faster thanks!! LOL I just wanted to know what it could do, I'm good now!! LOL

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I was going down a gravel road out by Hinton doing about 65 in my 650 Prowler and lost it and flipped er.If I was doing a 100 I likely wouldnt be writting this.Lucky for me there was some campers close by cause it took 4 of us too get er back on the wheels.
Smacked my head on the Roll cage(had good helmit)
Totally ratched my leg.
Lucky as heck.
Moral of the story...........Slow down on Gravel! It hurts!
catmando!

hammerbike

Reaction score
I was going down a gravel road out by Hinton doing about 65 in my 650 Prowler and lost it and flipped er.If I was doing a 100 I likely wouldnt be writting this.Lucky for me there was some campers close by cause it took 4 of us too get er back on the wheels.
Smacked my head on the Roll cage(had good helmit)
Totally ratched my leg.
Lucky as heck.
Moral of the story...........Slow down on Gravel! It hurts!
catmando!
I had no issues at all. Smooth and steady as a rock. Road surface was hard packed, very smooth, straight as an arrow and very wide. Perfect conditions to open 'er up!

sledidiot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so its necessary to wear a helmet then? lol wife is always saying my head needs a good shaking!

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2008 teryx 70 mph pistons cams dalton clutching air intake.by 60 feet it has a 1000 cat by 7 cars.

Chris

hammerbike

Reaction score
2008 teryx 70 mph pistons cams dalton clutching air intake.by 60 feet it has a 1000 cat by 7 cars.

Chris
I don't own either one of these models, but if you can take a 1000 by 7 car lengths in 60 feet, then the 1000 hasn't left yet!! I'm sure 1 car length (even if we're talkin about these "buggies") is at least 8 feet, so 8 feet X 7 lengths = 56 FEET!!!!
I'm just sayin......

Last edited:

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry 70 feet just saying no i didnt get out the tape but the 1000 cat is not vary fast out of the hole. Lighting 1000 on hear was in the 1000 im sure he will chime in soon.the 1000 does have long legs.
My teryx has about 90hp and mass amounts of torque its a trail race fundy kit.

Top Bottom