Ready Lift customer service sucks

SLEDJED

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a Ready Lift SST 4" lift in my 2015 Denali 2500HD. One of the rear SST 9000 shocks is already leaking, the truck was delivered last july. I bought the truck second hand and because I'm not the original purchaser of the shocks Ready Lift will not warranty the shock even though it is not even a year old and I do have the original receipt from the guy I bought the truck off of. Really who cares who "purchased them originally", I own them now and have original receipt showing they are only 8 months old and their product has failed. Awesome customer service Ready Lift. These shocks cost $900 here in canada. Ready Lift advertises them as rebuildable, so I tried to go that route, and found out that they can not actually rebuild them. In fact I found out that they actually don't even sell them anymore and that if I was the original purchaser they would have refunded me for the them. So now I can't even buy one to replace the crapped out one. So I guess the point of my rant is to warn anyone thinking of buying Ready Lift products to not do it!! Their customer service sucks, they don't stand behind their products, and they are over priced. Maybe everyone else knew that already and I'm just learning it now. Anyone out there have the same issue as me and have one good SST9000 rear shock they want to get rid of? Cause I have one and with out finding another I guess it will be going in the garbage and Ill be buying a new set of something else.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think you are screwed....
1)no warranty on shocks absorbers....period.
2)warranty to the original owner only.
3)no warranty on discontinued items

below is straight from their website......

ReadyLIFT® Product Warranty

This unique product warranty proves our commitment to the quality and reliability of every product that ReadyLIFT® manufactures. The ReadyLIFT® warranty does not include shock absorbers.
ReadyLIFT® Product Warranty only extends to the Original Purchaser of any ReadyLIFT® product, if it breaks, we will give you a new part. Warranty does not apply to discontinued products.

SLEDJED

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know Im screwed. Thats why I'm ranting, its really all I can do. Haha. I have read all the fine print on their warranty and I know what it says. The thing that bothers me about the whole thing the most is that they obviously have issues with the shocks as they no longer sell or repair any of them. And even though the warranty states shocks are excluded they did tell me they are refunding "original purchasers" what they paid for them. But because I didn't walk into a vendor store and pay that vendor for the shock (trust me I paid for them, my money went to the "original purchaser" not a vendor thats all and he even gave me the original receipt to prove they are only 8 months old) they feel they have no obligation to stand behind a product they sold. I just think that its a little crazy that a company won't back its $225 shock and expect it to have a life expectancy of more than 8 months regardless who paid for it. I own it and its broken. Ive used BDS products in the past and their fine print states shocks are also excluded and Ive had them warranty them 2 years later no receipt required and no questions asked, so I know what kind of shocks will be going in it now. I guess Im the kind of guy that if I put my name on something and it failed before a reasonably expected life span I wouldn't care who "paid" for it, I'd care that my name was on it. Imagine if a vehicle manufacturer wrote "original purchaser" in their warranty fine print.

ReadyLIFT

Reaction score
Re: Ready Lift customer service

We were made aware of this thread by a concerned member. Unfortunately there are conditions that prevent us from warrantying the shocks Jed currently owns.

We have explained to Jed that we are currently moving our shock program in house from a third party vendor. Even though there is no warranty on shocks, once that move is done we will happily rebuild his shock for him at no charge which we also explained to him. This move will take a couple of months unfortunately. SST9000 shocks are not discontinued, because of this move we have depleted current inventory and have put the sale of the SST9000 shocks on hold until the shock program is back up to speed.

Regards,

Customer Service @ ReadyLIFT

andrew3399

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: Ready Lift customer service

We were made aware of this thread by a concerned member. Unfortunately there are conditions that prevent us from warrantying the shocks Jed currently owns.

We have explained to Jed that we are currently moving our shock program in house from a third party vendor. Even though there is no warranty on shocks, once that move is done we will happily rebuild his shock for him at no charge which we also explained to him. This move will take a couple of months unfortunately. SST9000 shocks are not discontinued, because of this move we have depleted current inventory and have put the sale of the SST9000 shocks on hold until the shock program is back up to speed.

Regards,

Customer Service @ ReadyLIFT

Nice to hear the other part of the stories that are often left out of the original posters story. Thanks Andrew

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice to see a retailer answer questions in an open forum!!

Last edited:

tater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised they won't warranty them. But if they don't last a year who wants them anyways! Good to know!!

SLEDJED

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is the first time I've heard anything about my shock actually being rebuilt especially at no charge. I was told that the shock program was suspended and that I could not get my shock rebuilt or buy a new one. No expected time line was given as to when the program would hopefully be back up and running. All that was told to me was that if I was the original purchaser I would have been refunded, but since I was not the original purchaser I would not be refunded. I'm a fair and reasonable person and I totally understand that sometimes in business things happen that are beyond the companies control. If this information was give to me when on the phone with Vim I would have been absolutely ok with that and this rant would have been totally avoided. I have all my email correspondence still between me and customer service. I asked about warranty, I asked about paying for rebuild and I asked about purchasing a new shock. I was and still am more than willing to pay to get my shock fixed or replaced I'm not looking for a hand out. So I do find it interesting that it's here in a reply on a Internet forum that I "was offered to have it repaired free of charge". Ready Lift has my contact info and if they want to contact me to resolve this apparent misunderstanding I will gladly remove this post and all the other ones I've put on the other forums I subscribe to

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that sucks Jed we use readylift all the time they have been awesome to us. Ya unfortunately no shock warranty on any shock company. hopefully things get sort let me know if I can assist you in any way

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that sucks Jed we use readylift all the time they have been awesome to us. Ya unfortunately no shock warranty on any shock company. hopefully things get sort let me know if I can assist you in any way

Ah not true! I've had leaking shocks replaced by Carli.

SLEDJED

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well Im sad to report that since Ready Lift replied to this post on March 26th Ive called twice with no answer to the number they posted above. I have left a message both times requesting they call me back and they have not. I have even tried pm'ing them through this site with the hope of getting an email to the person on the Ready Lift account. No suck luck. I was optimistic that this was all going to be a big miscommunication, but it appears that my original thoughts about Ready Lift customer service were correct. All I wanted is for them to let me know when they are able to rebuild this pos. I think Im done chasing them on this, now I'm just going to hope this thread stays active so it gets as many views as possible.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well that sucks, sure will make people here think of mabe not going with a ready lift

Top Bottom