re: spot

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: spot

So for those of us not "in the know", is there supposed to be a spot sitting in the cabin, or???

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

So for those of us not "in the know", is there supposed to be a spot sitting in the cabin, or???
yeah man, VARDA installed them in each of the cabins in a box with a plexiglass front on them to use in case of emergency.

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Wouldn't it be useless as its stolen and if used it would come up as such? Kinda like stealing a sat radio receiver and trying to subscribe it?

I would imagine they have an Id number when used right?

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Wouldn't it be useless as its stolen and if used it would come up as such? Kinda like stealing a sat radio receiver and trying to subscribe it?

I would imagine they have an Id number when used right?

Sirius will still hook up a stolen radio That's what they told me one my was stolen and I had my subscription cancelled I told them that is bs and there response was they did not want to piss off any new potential customers they may have thought they were buying a legit used unit

theunit1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Well i guess its time Curtis and Varda hire me on to work security up at the cabins . I bet his group thought he was so cool ,very bad taste in mouth right now !!

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Eventually someone will push a botton on the stolen Spot again...then you will know where it is. Show up with a cop and get it.....

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

awesome.

A) illegal to be @ allan creek cabin on august 9th unless they hiked ( highly unlikely)
B) stole the spot donated by whispercreek homes which HAS saved a life last season.

like someone else said very bad taste in my mouth right now

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score

To use it you would have to register it, whisper creek should call spot and report the unit stolen, hopefully they won't use it. Hate to say it but Aug 9 sounds like it may be some local yahoos having fun. :(

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
re: spot

To use it you would have to register it, whisper creek should call spot and report the unit stolen, hopefully they won't use it. Hate to say it but Aug 9 sounds like it may be some local yahoos having fun. :(

I dont know about it being locals. That's a pretty major pass though the mountains lots of people travel that every summer. Who ever it is I hope karma catches up with them.

Steve D

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

It would be awesome if there was some way for the Spot, once out of the case started checking in automatically right away. Might be a feature for a special model (an "emergency shelter special", so to speak) for Spot to build. Once activated, can only be deactivated again by a key or something. Love the idea, but leave it to punks to screw with stuff like that. :(

whisper creek log home

Reaction score
Website
www.wclh.com

my lord people are idiots. I am upgrading to the spot connect, I will donate my first version spot if the stolen unit is not replaced.

That is awsome you would do that. thanks anyways i am a dealer for spot and i had it insured.also they were contacted and the eye is in the sky.

Top Bottom