Re-birth of a CR250

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Okay so a few have of you have seen my ongoing project, with the weather being a little rainy the last couple days i had some time to work on her. The carbs now completely rebulit, engine mostly together just need top-end, awaiting a complete rear wheel from USA, waiting on swing arm bearings. I hoping in a couple weeks we can put fire in the hole. Camping is putting a real damper on completion, thanks to my wife and kids!!!! Enjoy.

Attachments

• 100_2531.jpg
    100_2531.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 121
  • 100_2534.jpg
    100_2534.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 113
  • 100_2535.jpg
    100_2535.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 119
  • 100_2516.jpg
    100_2516.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 114
  • 100_2530.jpg
    100_2530.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 117

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
look n good,
where do you ride most the time,
Where is spruce grove from Calgary

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To answer a few of the questions, the bike is a 2001 Honda Cr 250. I ride mostly around the farm out by Devon and if i venture anywhere farther usually Brule sand dunes out by Hinton. The guy that owned it before me didn't do a stich of maitanance hense the reason i did a frame up re-build on her, let's just say he seriously neglected to change the rear wheel bearings to the point the only thing left was the outer race of the bearing. The hub was completely thrashed and it was cheaper to buy a complete wheel out of the USA than re-lace the old rim with a new hub. I've never in all the years i riden street and dirt or Mountain bike had to re-lace but i've heard it's a real pain in the butt. Like SumX54 mentioned it would be directly north of Calgary and west of Edmonton by about 20 min.

A little update the engine is now bolted together with the help of the rain it kept me in doors(garage), i probably won't bolt her in til next week due to a busy schedule between my baseball, kids swimming, gymnastic and now camping over the week-end. I will post pics as i get a little further, just checked and my rear wheel is at the Canadian border so it shouldn't be to much longer. Thanks all for looking cheers.

chadwik74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How much was that new rear wheel? I am looking to buy one, so I don't have to keep switching for my paddle tire.

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How much was that new rear wheel? I am looking to buy one, so I don't have to keep switching for my paddle tire.

I bought mine off ebay for right around $220.00 to my door but i've also seen brand new Warp 9's for around $350.00 plus shipping in any different color but some guy's say that the Warp 9 is a weak rim i don't know as i've never ran one. I still have the old rim but the hub is F'd bad, but if you know how to re-lace Scona had a brand new hub for around $250 plus install which is pricey!!! Let me know if interested would let go CHEAP!!

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A little update, the engine is now bolted in and running as of last night. I kicked it over twice and she was running like a kitten. She got a real nice pop to her with the paint can of a piston in her. All i have left is to rebuild all the bearing in the swing arm and she's ready to hit the pavement to start tuning. I'll take pics and post next week as she comes together. Can't wait.:d

After thought, just noticed last night someone in our acreage has a neww Honda 700XX race quad, once i'm done and tuned i want to race him to she how she pulls. I think i can eat him up:cool:

Top Bottom