rcmp at staging area

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
40 or 50 hey could you tell me what insurance company you are with so everyone on this site could save alittle cash!

All you need is the minimum third party liability insurance to avoid the fine. I think I'm paying $70/sled. It's the fire, theft, collision that gets pricey.

Cumminsnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who actually carries there pink insurance card with them?
I tried in the past but always ends up going to mush from getting wet(even in a bag).
I been carrying mine in the truck.
If I can't produce my card is that the same as no insurance?

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have you nothing better to do. i have ridden with polarice and he gives better than he gets, if you take it serious you definitely have your own problems. maybe get a funny bone, and cheer up if you can.:rolleyes:

yupp that i do .... and speaking of doos you get that back together yet

Oldtrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No offence.... But if your buddy has NO insurance, he won"t ride. It's like pulling over a drunk, and saying, " your impaired, but you can drive home"

The point being, he gets caught and told to go home, BUT does he go and buy insurance?
Likely not...........

canuck5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who actually carries there pink insurance card with them?
I tried in the past but always ends up going to mush from getting wet(even in a bag).
I been carrying mine in the truck.
If I can't produce my card is that the same as no insurance?

No its not the same not producing will be a small ticket or nothing at all (but they will demand proff within a certain time frame)its not having any that hurts.

WRIGHTR

Reaction score
Hey, I'm new to snowmobiling. Live in Alberta. So, it's true all sleds must be registered, no matter where you ride? How much is it for a registration. I did't think insurance was mandatory, is it?

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey, I'm new to snowmobiling. Live in Alberta. So, it's true all sleds must be registered, no matter where you ride? How much is it for a registration. I did't think insurance was mandatory, is it?

well think of it this way what happens when you run into a $14,000 sled and write it off are you going to buck up and buy a new one for them...and i think registration is $40 ive always registered mine for a couple years at a time

WRIGHTR

Reaction score
Good point. My 12 year old is also riding it. Only paid 3k, so don't care about it getting stolen. Better go spend some more money!

canuck5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

You dont have to register anything if its on your own land......acerage or farm ect, any public land must have registration. As for insurance read my post above if your get cought without insurance the fine is huge. On top of that the liabiality is huge, here is a story lets just say you take you sled for a rip up the hill hit something bind the throttel cable come down shut off machine adjust cable fire up machine........machine takes off like a bat outta hell and takes out 2 other sleds and breaks someones femer your now out two other machines and that other guy is suing you for loss of wages ect ect do you have the $200G to foot the bill or are you going to throw liability insurance on your sled for $150-200 a year and not lose sleep that youll keep your shirt at the end of the day. In short insurance is not mandatory :d

H2O

Reaction score
You dont have to register anything if its on your own land......acerage or farm ect, any public land must have registration. As for insurance read my post above if your get cought without insurance the fine is huge. On top of that the liabiality is huge, here is a story lets just say you take you sled for a rip up the hill hit something bind the throttel cable come down shut off machine adjust cable fire up machine........machine takes off like a bat outta hell and takes out 2 other sleds and breaks someones femer your now out two other machines and that other guy is suing you for loss of wages ect ect do you have the $200G to foot the bill or are you going to throw liability insurance on your sled for $150-200 a year and not lose sleep that youll keep your shirt at the end of the day. In short insurance is not mandatory :d

That's what I thought also that registration is required....... but insurance is optional.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i'll give you a shout elkford sure looked like it had possibilities, or fernie. near the 1st of the month ?:beer:

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
Anytime I have gone down to renew our registrations on our sleds I have had to produce the insurance documents as well. I am glad to hear they were at Atlas checking. I hope they do more of it. The only time we have ever been stopped was at Cataract Creek. Of course we didn't have the documents with us but we just had to fax in the proof of registartion and insurance to the RC's office within five days I think it was.

Jan

Last edited:

tundra twin track

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
actually that was why i was given the lecture instead of fine said they were the best looking sleds he has seen in a while
:d:d:d

In 1987 there was a lot of sledders drinking on the hill,so the RCMP were checking sleds in the Allan parking lot for booze before you went up.The cop was checking my 2 buddies and myself when this guy ran up to the officer pretty excited and told him he had no insurance,no registration and was burning purple gas and wanted to know if he would get a ticket.The cop looked at us with a goofy grin and told this guy they were trying to to get the drunk sledders under control,but he should get the proper documents for his sled.The guy walked away hoped on his sled, took off up the trail.We all had a big laugh and the cop didn't have the heart to ticket the guy for his honesty!

Top Bottom