rated hp

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You need to put all 3 brands on the same dyno or have a reference. Some dyno's will read high and some low. If you want the sled with "the most horsepower" buy the cat or xm. If you want the sled that actually works in deep snow then buy the pro. Not one person this year has mentioned my sled being gutless so I'd have to say it's working good!

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You need to put all 3 brands on the same dyno or have a reference. Some dyno's will read high and some low. If you want the sled with "the most horsepower" buy the cat or xm. If you want the sled that actually works in deep snow then buy the pro. Not one person this year has mentioned my sled being gutless so I'd have to say it's working good!

did you just say "actually works in deep snow then buy the pro" wow a lot of mis informed souls on this site

powder junkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

i agree. They all work but pro does float better across snow.

summit1974

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the poo has 134 HP ...so what does the Ski doo have on that same dyno ?can't be as high as 160 like they advertise ?or is it!

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you read the post that dyno is at 2500', all HP ratings from manufacturers are at sea level, Im guessing the doo would of been 148-149, same with the cat

the poo has 134 HP ...so what does the Ski doo have on that same dyno ?can't be as high as 160 like they advertise ?or is it!

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was told by neil in edmonton he had all three on his his dyno. The poo made 129hp, doo & cat both made149-150.(I just cant remeber which one made 149 and which one made 150).

LinkTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Lmao. That there is some of the funniest chit I've read! I only know 3 guys that have taken $3g hits on there rmks just to get on into an xm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OK same dyno same day.

600 etec 116.6hp
600 Liberty 113.4hp
800 etec 150.2hp
800 cat 157.9hp
800 Liberty 142.7hp

This is out of the crate ZERO hrs DynoTech Research.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The number 163.9 that Doo advertizes came from Dyno Tech Research in 2011. Can't remember if the engine was broke in or not. Must of been as 150 doesn't seem right.

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure but these clearly stated no break in time, out of the box. So I would imagine they would all see some small increase for sure.

Top Bottom