Raptor shocks

JDisco

Reaction score
Does anyone know anyone who runs raptor shocks? Or even heard anything about theses?

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put them them on my 09 M1000 about a month ago on the front and they are amazing! Likely do my skid this summer! Jake at Raptor as been great to deal with. Call him directly and get them from him if your thinking of getting them.

Director

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did all 4 on my XM.. 1st ride this past weekend and found them to work really well. Tri-rate springs dampened the small bumps and the shocks took the big whoops. Did not fade or bottom out pounding down the trail. Didn't notice a major difference in the deep snow but didn't think I would. Work great - valuable upgrade.

puddle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Martins is saying their in house promotion with the spring check orders comes with a set of Raptor Shocks on the front. Color matched.
Any other feedback from ppl would be appreciated.

sir john

Reaction score
I have them on my 1100 t . I was one of the best upgrades I did. With my gear and fuel I am ruffy 300 lbs and back end does not sag.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well bought a set for the front, since I have them on the back, but found them to be five pounds heavier than fox floats, not sure if I will install.... But in the back they work fine

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did all 4 on my XM.. 1st ride this past weekend and found them to work really well. Tri-rate springs dampened the small bumps and the shocks took the big whoops. Did not fade or bottom out pounding down the trail. Didn't notice a major difference in the deep snow but didn't think I would. Work great - valuable upgrade.

Glad you are happy with your shocks. The raptors are a higher end shock and definatly a upgrade over the stock XM shocks.

Id just like to point out that the springs do not do the dampening. The shock does that. The "spring rate" is how much force is required to compress the spring. With the triple rate springs it has three differnt spring rates That start out softer to be plush in the smaller bumps, but gets harder towards the bottom end of the travel to resist "bottoming out". The shocks are progressively valved to resist bottoming out also.

As was pointed out the raptors are significantly heavier than a air shock like the Fox Floats but they are also a superior shock tho. They are more compareable to a Fox Float X Evol. Im not sure on the wieght difference there?

OP Do you really need high end race shocks tho? Thats something you will have to deside:beer:

Last edited:
Top Bottom