Raptor 700 R Tires

stitch13

Reaction score
I just picked up a Raptor 700r for playing around, I realize a two whell drive is not the best for mud, however I want to put some decent tires on it.

Looking for some info or opinion on what would be a good brand of tire that would help out in the mud on this quad. Currently it just has stock tires.

Thanks

Twig

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For a race quad check out bear claws. My buddy on a 450 runs them.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
bear claws work the best on the sports quads... i've tryed them all...

they are the least likely to get a hole in them too...

HONDA310R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just picked up a Raptor 700r for playing around, I realize a two whell drive is not the best for mud, however I want to put some decent tires on it.

Looking for some info or opinion on what would be a good brand of tire that would help out in the mud on this quad. Currently it just has stock tires.

Thanks

Sport quads are ment for the trails not mud......and they should run a holeshot or razr tire. Going and putting on a "bearclaw" or such mud tire is such a waste to what that machine was intended for! Buy a 4X4 if you want to play in the mud!

finndoo

Reaction score
I ran mudlights on my ds 650 and my raptor 660. They worked O.K. but a liitle aggressive for trail riding and I always got fully bathed in mud every time I even came near a puddle. Regular sport quad tires would not get any traction on anything but compact conditions where they really shined.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have always ran Realtors on my Banshee. They are revesible, not much for side traction. But have always had good luck.

Reaction score
Give the Maxxis Razr 2's a shot, most aggresive sport tire your will find next to the ITP mudlite Sp that way you can still use it as a racer like it was meant for.

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X2 on the Razor 2s. Get them in a 22 inch tire. very aggressive and pisses off a lot of 4X4s cause sport quads were not meant for the mud yet they seem to do pretty dam good as they float across not sink. They do what most 4X4s do but at a faster pace. Have fun.:d:d:d:d

Radagast

Reaction score
I'm thinking about running ITP GNCC's on my Raptor 700, they're supposed to be a tough tire with great traction. I try and stay away from the mud though, find some dry trails. :p

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bear claws for sure. They work awesome in all conditions. 22" and gear down one tooth on the drive sprocket. It makes it easier on the clutch in tight trails. And it can still he 70 mph plus. I tried all others. Mud machine. Mud lights. Razor 2. Hole shots. Relators. You will like the bear claws fOr sure

Andrew

Top Bottom