Rapid bike failure question? 09 1200 powderlites doo.

Beauford t

Reaction score
Late last season I was ending a long day with a long trail ride out of the back country.
I crossed some open water then looped around to wait for the last guy, he was a ways behind so I got sick of sitting there idling.
I shut it down and had a beverage while I waited. It has never fired again, no fuel no spark............
I went through all the connections the next day and couldn't find any wet ones. Checked all the grounds..
Has this happened to anyone else?
Could the Rapid bike have over heated and failed?
Do the stock ecm's fail?

kevin

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Late last season I was ending a long day with a long trail ride out of the back country.
I crossed some open water then looped around to wait for the last guy, he was a ways behind so I got sick of sitting there idling.
I shut it down and had a beverage while I waited. It has never fired again, no fuel no spark............
I went through all the connections the next day and couldn't find any wet ones. Checked all the grounds..
Has this happened to anyone else?
Could the Rapid bike have over heated and failed?
Do the stock ecm's fail?

kevin

i am by far no expert with the RB3, but if my memory serves me correct you can bypass (unplug the big connector on the delta box)the box and start the sled and run it on the stock ecu.There maybe more to it than that. Other than Dave at powderlites i am not sure who would be best to talk to about the RB3 as not many people run them anymore.

turborev

Reaction score
Had the same thing happen to me mid day also. It was completely dead. So i pulled the plug from the rapid bike box and blew out the connection and plugged it back in. Hit the start button and a way it went.

Top Bottom