Random camping in the Tay River area

Reaction score
We're thinking of heading out Rocky Mountain House way for July long and someone mentioned we should consider random camping off the Tay River. Never heard of it do I'm hoping my favorite S&M Gurus can provide some advice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Open Season

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of great camping and riding. Better be there at least 3 days early to get a spot though, very popular area.

Open Season

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Staight west of Caroline right along the hiway. Lots of good spots on rig street which is just a bit further west then south on gravel.

JimmyFlynt

Reaction score
Anyone been out this way lately? Heading to seven mile for July long and wondering if the river flooded the area or not. Thought I heard Caroline got a bit but never heard again.

QMAO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard and received a picture that the Clearwater cabins are washed away due to flooding.

Attachments

• IMG_0486.JPG
    IMG_0486.JPG
    99 KB · Views: 328
Last edited:

toyz

Reaction score
just got back from there. all rivers are overflowing. rig street road is washed out. only road down to trunk road but the main road is fine. just do not expect to be crossing the rivers for a while but riding should be fine as long as you like water/mud

supercrew75

Reaction score
Came back from there last night the river waters are starting to recede. Most of the water in the campground was cleared when we drove by at 8:30 last night.

Stg2Suby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thinking of heading out this weekend, can you get across the 3 bridges to the south side of the river camping or were they wiped out with the flooding?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's rig street.

And nope I think its still closed.

sent from my I phone azz kicking HTC

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya but going down the dump road and around is like 40 plus km of gravel on way.

sent from my I phone azz kicking HTC

Stg2Suby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We're trying to make the trip up Limestone for the first time. Rig street looks like the best place to camp/stage from but not sure I want to tow the trailer 40km on unknown gravel roads trying to get there from Burnstick Lake road.

crosroads

Reaction score
Just got back from there... Rig street is still closed but you can cross the bridges if you want to. Just not with the rv.

Top Bottom