Ramps for bail truck?

Keith Brown

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am using my Falcon round bail deck to haul our sleds. I am trying to figure out away to use the hydraulic arms as the main struts and still have them tucked away when traveling. Right now I just use the arms to lift the sleds with a sling or find a ditch. Any ideas? Sorry about the pic my phone is 8 year old and it was getting dark. If you would like a better pic go to the Falcon site and look at multi decks. Thanks

Attachments

• 2015 Nov 277 - Copy.jpg
    2015 Nov 277 - Copy.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 307

Snort

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine built a platform that he rides the sleds onto and straps them down. Then he grabs that platform with the arms and lifts the whole thing on to the deck. No ramps required.

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine built a platform that he rides the sleds onto and straps them down. Then he grabs that platform with the arms and lifts the whole thing on to the deck. No ramps required.
Like he said build a little deck and ride em on, back into it and slam them on your truck. Graba couple pallets nail them together for width, instant prototype. . That's what would do, but I wreck stuff while trying not to also.

Keith Brown

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How much room is under the decking Keith? I have a large enough channel frame to hold my ramp under the deck. Maybe take a look in the back and see.

View attachment 190767
Lots of hydraulics, tanks etc. But you have me thinking if I just built a sub deck on top for sledding I could have ramps underneath the sub ramp. I just don't know how much I can use the bail wagon for sledding. Last week was ok, but my wife don't like me, when she has to feed cows with a 1969 John Deere with 10,000+ hours. I think I am going to buy a deck for my pickup. Its cheaper then a new wife. Then who would feed the cows when I am sledding? LOL

Last edited:

Keith Brown

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was thinking of that I wouldn't mind having a chat with your friend. The balance point seems like it could be a little tricky. Then cost is another thing I might just have to buy a deck if the economy ever comes back. Thanks

rebel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of hydraulics, tanks etc. But you have me thinking if I just built a sub deck on top for sledding I could have ramps underneath the sub ramp. I just don't know how much I can use the bail wagon for sledding. Last week was ok, but my wife don't like me, when she has to feed cows with a 1969 John Deere with 10,000+ hours. I think I am going to buy a deck for my pickup. Its cheaper then a new wife. Then who would feed the cows when I am sledding? LOL
Whats wrong with that? 69 JD is a fine tractor. Cab? Open station might be an issue. Agree that happy wife is happy life for you.

Note: "Contents of this forum have been read by the CIA, FBI, IRS, BATF, DHS, NSA, TSA, EPA, BLM, MSNBC, CrTC, FEDS, ADMINS &MODS. There is absolutely NO expectation of privacy."

Keith Brown

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like he said build a little deck and ride em on, back into it and slam them on your truck. Graba couple pallets nail them together for width, instant prototype. . That's what would do, but I wreck stuff while trying not to also.
My son and I have newer sleds and the GAF factor is still pretty high. So my proto would have to be a overbuilt. Thanks for the idea I might just use it in a couple of years when our sleds are whipped.

Top Bottom