Ram seat modification

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The part that pisses me off so much about it is put a 20k fifth wheel behind a 3500 and you can cruise past any scale or DOT and not get a second look unless something looks REALLY bad just hook up and go no worries at all. Put a 20k gooseneck with equipment behind a 3500 and you need a CVIP on both, safety fitness with a whole bunch of BS to go along with it, stop at scales, and get hounded and ticketed for absolutely anything. Last time I checked a 20k trailer that is unsafe is just as deadly if it's a RV or not, unless there is some block that says "it's a RV so it's not going to kill anyone".

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Id have no problems with it at all. Dump truck towing a bobcat is phuk all.

If they told me to get the brakes hooked up I would, but if they didnt...

Cyle is safe on the road. Case closed....

Agreed. If it's a light enough load it could be hauled on the truck legally, i'm not worried about it unless it's on a icy road and generally I avoid working in the winter as much as I can. 13k behind a 24k truck even in a panic stop it won't push. I have a brake controller in the dump truck in case of getting pulled over to put the brakes on, but it's not hooked up to the pedal. Unless you screw around for a long time to try and set the controller perfect, it's pretty dahm easy to kill the trailer brakes and tires in a hurry if it's trying to stop the truck, and you won't ever feel it, or you just set them so low they aren't doing anything anyway so why bother?

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has your headliner dropped because the velcro tabs come loose? My '12 did it, fairly common issue

You know that's a good thought, it will push up a bit probably 1/2" at least. Now googling it, it's definitely an issue and will help give a bit more headroom. Thanks for the tip.

Stg2Suby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With the sunroof open if you stand in the bed and look over the cab you'll clearly see the liner detached and velcro's hanging down. Problem is you can't just push it up and reattach because the glue holding the tabs to the roof has come off. To fix it correctly the liner should come right out (via removing the windshield) and the tabs re-done with additional ones.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With the sunroof open if you stand in the bed and look over the cab you'll clearly see the liner detached and velcro's hanging down. Problem is you can't just push it up and reattach because the glue holding the tabs to the roof has come off. To fix it correctly the liner should come right out (via removing the windshield) and the tabs re-done with additional ones.

Yea noticed the velcro detached from the headliner. Tried adding a few pieces and pushing it back up, brought it up a bit but it's still not where it should be.

The windshield isn't in the best shape, I think the hardest part of that is, would any windshield shops take care of doing that and do a good job?

Stg2Suby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I haven't got around to fixing mine yet, doesn't bother me enough I guess. I'd be more inclined to start with autobody shops rather than glass places. Or find a dealer thats done it before.

edit - at 6'6 it may not fix your headroom problem anyways, I'm 6'2 and it only bothers me in the winter when the seats are stiff and I sit up higher

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I haven't got around to fixing mine yet, doesn't bother me enough I guess. I'd be more inclined to start with autobody shops rather than glass places. Or find a dealer thats done it before.

edit - at 6'6 it may not fix your headroom problem anyways, I'm 6'2 and it only bothers me in the winter when the seats are stiff and I sit up higher

I don't think it would totally do it, but it would help a lot. It might be enough a really minor cushion adjustment would do it.

I'm still confused over it though. Before I bought the truck I had made multiple trips to/from banff driving it without a hint of back pain, as I bought the truck from my mom. Now 2-3 hours in the truck in a day generally makes it hurt for a few days. I'm always screwing around adjusting the seat trying to find a better position. So I wonder if maybe the headliner was ok before and dropped causing my issue? The banff trips were over 3 years ago.

Top Bottom