Ram seat modification

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone know of a good place that can modify a 2014 Ram leather seat to lower it 1"-1.5"? Either by modifying the frame, replacing it with a custom one, or if by chance there is enough padding to replace cushion with a thinner one? Got to fix ram's stupid mistake of not having enough headroom with a sunroof.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats a tricky one probably need a real good upholstery guy, most likely a Mexican..

Maybe could chop it down and put some cat skins on.

Im 6 foot 3 and never had a problem with room, but if you do, i guess do what you gotta do, better than buying a ford! Haha

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was doing some reading, and if your trailer is less than half the weight.of the tow rig i dont think you need trailer brakes.

I honestly think cyle is 100% safe with.a bobcat behind a dump truck...

But its still funny to bug him about it every post though haha

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was doing some reading, and if your trailer is less than half the weight.of the tow rig i dont think you need trailer brakes.

Your rite in Alberta if the trailer is l as then 50% of the tow rating then you don’t need them.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your rite in Alberta if the trailer is l as then 50% of the tow rating then you don’t need them.

I have a few light trailer that dont even come with brakes.

Seadoo and trailer weight maybe a 1000lbs. Dont even feel it behind the truck.

Dump truck with a bobcat would be like the same thing. Except youd be a greasy gravel truck driver, not a shuswap playboy hahaha

J7st kidding cyle you the man.

What truck you pimping out? 1500, 2500, 3500?

I think a 200hp Nos shot would be better than the seats though

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats a tricky one probably need a real good upholstery guy, most likely a Mexican..

Maybe could chop it down and put some cat skins on.

Im 6 foot 3 and never had a problem with room, but if you do, i guess do what you gotta do, better than buying a ford! Haha

I'm 6'6 and it's all upper body, in the non sunroof trucks i'm ok and just about touch the roof, but this truck is awful have to sit funny to fit. I've been avoiding making some trips because my back hurts from driving too much, I need to fix it. My options are modify the seat somehow, or sell the truck. While i'm hoping it's not crazy I don't really care what it costs, if it's $3-4k it is what it is.

Never pulled the padding out of these new one's but it looks like there's at least 2"-3" of it. I wonder if there is something that even if pricey is as comfortable but not as thick.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm 6'6 and it's all upper body, in the non sunroof trucks i'm ok and just about touch the roof, but this truck is awful have to sit funny to fit. I've been avoiding making some trips because my back hurts from driving too much, I need to fix it. My options are modify the seat somehow, or sell the truck. While i'm hoping it's not crazy I don't really care what it costs, if it's $3-4k it is what it is.

Never pulled the padding out of these new one's but it looks like there's at least 2"-3" of it. I wonder if there is something that even if pricey is as comfortable but not as thick.

Ya if you dont mind spending a bit, fuckin rights. Hire a good upholstery guy and should be pimp. Be better than stock if you find a good guy. Buttons and shark skin if you want haha

I think dodge has the best interior forsure. Im biased though, have a bunch of gmc trucks for work and dodge for play.

Basically hate ford, except the raptor. Those are pimp...

Any who, post pics when you getter done

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Up to 2000lbs. Anything over 2000lbs must have trailer brakes. Make that functioning trailer brakes. Regardless of tow vehicle weight.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Up to 2000lbs. Anything over 2000lbs must have trailer brakes. Make that functioning trailer brakes. Regardless of tow vehicle weight.

This is right off Albertas website:

Brakes are required on a trailer if they are needed to control the safe movement of the trailer. However, the following trailers do not require brakes:

• trailers with a gross weight of 910 kilograms (2,000 pounds) or less, or
  • trailers with a gross weight that is less than 1/2 of the unloaded weight of the vehicle that is doing the towing.

See how is says "or" not "and"

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And the way i read that you could tow a brake less 2000lb trailer with a 2000lbs car with bald tire and youd be fine in the eyes of the law...

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok I looked at ur chit. Look closely...
It says the exact same thing. Trailer less than half the weight of tow rig. No brakes needed on trailer...

Screenshot_20220713-184249_Drive.jpg

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
20220713_185506.jpg

Ive never even seen a trailer made to carry 2000lbs or less that has brakes.

They dont put them on ch!t that small...

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok I looked at ur chit. Look closely...
It says the exact same thing. Trailer less than half the weight of tow rig. No brakes needed on trailer...

View attachment 257864

Fine, you win. Lol

Keeping in mind that's for recreational vehicles. No way in hell would I be driving across the scales in a commercial vehicle without functioning trailer brakes if the trailer was equipped with them.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fine, you win. Lol

Keeping in mind that's for recreational vehicles. No way in hell would I be driving across the scales in a commercial vehicle without functioning trailer brakes if the trailer was equipped with them.

Id have no problems with it at all. Dump truck towing a bobcat is phuk all.

If they told me to get the brakes hooked up I would, but if they didnt...

Cyle is safe on the road. Case closed....

Top Bottom