Rally in Calgary for The Castle - Saturday March 4, 2017

chedder

Reaction score
Kevin Cox
Today at 12:15pm
So the truth has finally emerged. Shannon Phillips and other members of the NDP hierarchy purchased property in Castle. There is now no longer any question as to why she ignores science and will not attend town hall meetings and ignores stake holders. This Park is solely for her and her cronies choice of life style and the immense financial gain this Park will provide them. This Government is bound by law to fully disclose all members involved and immediately relieve Minister Phillips of her duties. Speak to your MLA’s and local media and demand full disclosure of this gross misconduct of our elected officials. We could never understand why this Minister would throw so many families and the livelihood of tens of thousands of Albertans under the bus. We now have our answer . We demand the truth from Premier Notley.

sent while drinking tea's
Yeah this essentially tells us nothing. Where does it say that she owns property in castle? I'm not on facebook either. Did it show details there? Seems strange when you search anything about this on internet nothing shows up. Who is Kevin Cox?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry but on the link and comments posted, it is confirmed she does

chedder

Reaction score
Sorry but on the link and comments posted, it is confirmed she does

No worries. Just trying to find out if this is true or just crackbook 'alternative facts'. And I'm on most on here's side regarding castle. I don't quad in Alberta but do snowmobile and do think we need to preserve trails for ohv's. I don't understand why government halfwits think it's good to essentially force us all to go to BC on weekends to recreate.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No worries. Just trying to find out if this is true or just crackbook 'alternative facts'. And I'm on most on here's side regarding castle. I don't quad in Alberta but do snowmobile and do think we need to preserve trails for ohv's. I don't understand why government halfwits think it's good to essentially force us all to go to BC on weekends to recreate.
100 %, I used to live in alberta

Used to sled and quad down there

And just cause I live in b.c now, doesn't mean I don't want to come back there to ride

Unfortunately, all the Alberta cityites voted the crack hore and her possy in

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good turn out, many more needed too assist in the cause.

AOHVA president Eric called it like it is.
The GOA open consultation idea was left out of the process, and that my friends is a no no.

And Garrett who fired up the FB Castle Mountain thread give it his all since all stakeholders have a vested interest in the Castle Area as well as the full length of our Eastern Slopes in Alberta.

The GOA will dangle a carrot, but all of us need too ask what this riding area plan will look like.

Make sure we email or letter main Shannon Phillips and Julie MacDougall senior parks planner,,, make sure you (us) that we ask lots of questions as they are man dated too reply to each and every questions.

LOL.

Good too meet lots of the S&M folks as I hope we all ramp things up too have our voices heard.

Please take the time too send the emails or copies of our letters too our MLA'S as well.

We need this more than ever as the lines are drawn in the sand that crown land camping, trails, and use are in need of our help.

Out Door recreation Lives Matter you know.

Thanks to all that showed up for support, and those that wished they could can do their part by letters and Emails.

More too follow in days, weeks and months ahead.

Pal Don aka Lem Lamb

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Castle a potential tourist destination, SACPA told

BY MABELL, DAVE ON MARCH 3, 2017.

Dave Mabell

Lethbridge Herald

dmabell@lethbridgeherald.com

Southern Alberta’s new provincial parks will become a tourist destination. And Castle Mountain, a Lethbridge audience was told, could become a major year-round resort.

Those initiatives will follow the Alberta government’s efforts to repair the environmental damage done by logging and off-road vehicles, a Southern Alberta Council on Public Affairs audience learned, Thursday.

To provide appropriate locations for off-road vehicle use, speakers noted, the environment and parks ministry is considering land on the Porcupine Hills and Livingstone Range.

Off-road “quad” owners will have another year before their trails begin to be closed down, said Connie Simmons, an environmental educator working on the Yellowstone to Yukon Conservation Initiative. That process will take three to five years, providing time for new off-road areas to be identified and opened.

“There is a way to work together,” she said.

Off-road vehicle owners were included in the panel drawing up a draft set of management plans, Simmons pointed out. Their concerns “were very well aired during the process.”

The impacts of uncontrolled off-road vehicle use in the Castle region have also been thoroughly documented, speakers observed.

Andrea Hlady, president of the Castle-Crown Wilderness Coalition, saidthe management plan’s vision is to create a world-class protected area that complements Waterton Lakes National Park, directly south. Both Waterton and adjacent Glacier National Park (U.S.) are operating at near-capacity levels, she said.

Alberta’s culture and tourism ministry had already committed economic development funds to the province’s southwest corner, she said.

While the Shell Oil plant south of Pincher Creek will be winding down operations, Simmons said, she predicted the town’s economy will grow as recreation and tourism facilities in the new Castle parks are upgraded and protected.

The speakers cited studies showing a strong majority of tourists and visitors coming to protected parks are looking for an outdoor experience that’s quiet – not motorized.

They explained the busiest part of the valley, the Castle Mountain ski resort, is part of the M.D. of Pincher Creek – and not included in either of the new parks. That will allow its operators to expand operations as the number of visitors grows year-round.

“I think Castle Mountain has a great opportunity ahead,” Hlady said.

Earlier this week, the speakers noted, the provincial government extended the public response time for the management plan by another month. While the off-road vehicle users have been vocal with their issues, they said others who enjoy the Castle area should make their views known as well.

Albertans can simply go online – ABParks.PlanComments@gov.ab.ca – to register their views.

“You need to speak up,” Hlady said. “It’s always easier to rally against something.”

Follow @DMabellHerald on Twitter

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Please do not forget that this is 1 area along the full length of the Eastern slopes of Alberta, if this does not work out for us, then they will continue the full length of the Province.

All user groups lose out.

The GOA is crafty at this stuff, so they'll pick away peace by peace too pull off their plan as they know we don't have our ducks in a row, and most of us are busy working, families too feed our families.

They are banking that we don't have the time or interest too take them to task,,, I only hope that we do as its important too hold them off till next election.

Lem

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, l don't believe in frustration, issues or madness as they are fictitious in our minds, and I offer this too all of use here on S&M that we take a good breath and relax at "puzzle" at hand.

Wise for our friends and families, along with the most important in this mix,,, """ US """.

This was mentioned a few minutes ago from one of us that a relaxing break from it allows better dreams and calm sleeps as we envision wizer steps of juggling our daily lives.

Tonight I sleep gooder as we're all doing our part even if it's sharing this dream of "All" user groups access with one another, folks closet too us, and the folks next door.

Communication with clarification go along ways, this is shared in time as we relax too plan the topics with those we share with.

Good sleepy sleeps to all as we move forward in days that follow.

Lem

armascott

Armaguard
Reaction score
I'm afraid that Castle only being open one more year ( as it stands right now ) will maybe make the situation worse. I have never ridden there myself yet, but sure want to. I'm hoping that all the families that want to check it out before it closes doesn't bring more bad publicity in terms of being over used. Media and parties wanting to close the area will be watching it like hawks waiting to jump at any opportunity to bash OHV users.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hope this becomes my profile picture when I run for political office in 20 years from now. Ha.

I'd like too do this when I'm much older, I know nothing about politics, have no real vision of any thing and ain't wize enough too handle funds little lone look after my self or a Cow pasture,,, hey,,, that "might" mean I have all the qualifications too fit into a role like this. LOL.

Lem at good times in the mix of allowing us and further generations too "all" have access to crown lands by all means possible with funds from unit registrations directed too their areas they venture.

Oh Boy, now I need too re-read the Tommy Douglas book again. Ha.

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:bike: Lem for president. may be over qualified? i can see it now, no trucks or cars allowed, ride atv's only!!:D:ranger:

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ni idea if any minds can be changed but unless there is a presence is not made the ndp will just go ahead?

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Watching that news clip is as painful as the whole process.....
Typical mainstream media picking the comments that they want the public to hear. The comment from the envirnmentalist groups stating that "they represent the voice of the majority" is presumptuous and arrogant. This will be an uphill battle!

Please send your letters and do the online surveys....

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Watching that news clip is as painful as the whole process.....
Typical mainstream media picking the comments that they want the public to hear. The comment from the envirnmentalist groups stating that "they represent the voice of the majority" is presumptuous and arrogant. This will be an uphill battle!

Please send your letters and do the online surveys....

Your right! At least this time they gave the atv/off-road community some airtime. Lethbridge i don't remember seeing any.

There was mention of another rally in edmonton march 25? (Hopefully can be verified). A big turn out will get noticed

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We need to gather as many pics and videos depicting responsible atv/utv use as we can. All they keep presenting is the destruction that is caused.
Bridges, family rides , trails are all good representations that we need to promote and publicize.

Top Bottom