Rally in Calgary for The Castle - Saturday March 4, 2017

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
There will be a Rally for the Castle, Access for all of Albertans, we need as many people to go to this as possible.
Saturday at 12 PM - 2 PM McDougall Centre455 6 St SW Apt 2, Calgary, Alberta T2P 4A2

Please post if you can go, If your from Edmonton and we have enough people, we can charter a bus to head down and back or just set up a car pool. Im really hoping we can fill a whole bus to show up. There should be thousands of people here.

Here is a link to the facebook page as well, https://www.facebook.com/events/1851704248444024/

rally.png

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are over 54,000 S&M members and I am sure a good chunk are from Alberta.
A large number in Calgary to show push back is a big deal beyond Castle.
This would be a good time to start making a stand and hopefully not make closures easy to do.

I for one am going.....and taking my daughter long to get her started on helping to sand up for our riding and general access areas.
It does affect our families and govt needs to see it.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yuppers, count me in too as its worth standing up for what we can doo too support "ALL" user groups interest in our Province.

I hope too do a few before the GOA decides its final plan.

Let it be known, if we don't do this, then we will look back at this next year and say too "our selves," I wish I took the day off too do this instead of doing nothing when I could of at least tried in some sort of way,,, even if it was 1 rally in support.

I'm kicking my azz I missed out on the Southern Alberta rally, but now is the time too stand up for common goal and voice.

I too hope 1 is in Edmonton as well.

I didn't sit on the fence for the Southern Alberta gathering as I along with 40 to 50 showed up in support of those 600 down south at Hi Line power sports in Wetaskiwin that very night too take in the meeting via live link.

If we fail too plan then our plan will fail.

Please take the time too look at the Rocky Mountain House Bighorn recreation area as it was a disaster from day one, trails got closed by mistake and others over time were shut down later.

Snowmobile folks took it the worst. Total disaster and fish and wildlife along with substantial resources seen this too as they are more in-line with us on a path too another flop.

Ranchers, outfitted, trappers, cattle men and women are not happy with this GOA plan either.

Please, don't think this GOA idea is only one place as Shannon Phillips said in her address on 630 Ched with Ryan Jespersen,,, "Her and her party are going to look at" all" of the Eastern slopes from top to bottom.

This my friends means we best take this kick at the can as theres no going back for seconds if this goes threw.

If this post seems doom and gloom, then rightfully so as it doesn't take a rocket scientists too see what's playing out.

The USA got at it long before us, now its time for us to do the same up here.

Don willing too throw out the rally cry of honourable support and in a discreet manner for one and all !!!

Last edited:

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sooooo is there a time and meeting point for the caravan to travel together to Calgary?

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Just in discussion right now. For now we need your help in calgary. Also fill out the questionnaire but follow the directions on here as questions 4&5 are trick questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ron, see above posts...... are you arranging a meeting point so you can all caravan down? Hopefully with sleds on sled decks or quads on trailers etc.......

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ron, see above posts...... are you arranging a meeting point so you can all caravan down? Hopefully with sleds on sled decks or quads on trailers etc.......

I was just advised on their FB page that it's probably not advisable to go with our shtuff loaded up. ...downtown and parking will be an issue. Too bad, I thought it would have made a cool statement.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I was just advised on their FB page that it's probably not advisable to go with our shtuff loaded up. ...downtown and parking will be an issue. Too bad, I thought it would have made a cool statement.

so go in smart cars and tesla's...... ;)

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Free solar panels for the first 100 protestors ...
Seriously ,thanks to everyone who has made a powerful effort to put an end to this nonsense .
I don't trust the NDP to do the right thing , but I think they are a little bit shaken by the response and numbers of people supporting our cause ..!

At some point in time , you would think if they even are a little concerned over their political future ... They would start to listen to the people , rather than follow their narrow agenda .

While they may be able to "sidestep "issues with these fake consultations , they are most likely realizing they are alienating themselves from the majority of voters .

Next election is getting closer every day , this found money for the opposition!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yuppers, count me in too as its worth standing up for what we can doo too support "ALL" user groups interest in our Province.

I hope too do a few before the GOA decides its final plan.

Let it be known, if we don't do this, then we will look back at this next year and say too "our selves," I wish I took the day off too do this instead of doing nothing when I could of at least tried in some sort of way,,, even if it was 1 rally in support.

I'm kicking my azz I missed out on the Southern Alberta rally, but now is the time too stand up for common goal and voice.

I too hope 1 is in Edmonton as well.

I didn't sit on the fence for the Southern Alberta gathering as I along with 40 to 50 showed up in support of those 600 down south at Hi Line power sports in Wetaskiwin that very night too take in the meeting via live link.

If we fail too plan then our plan will fail.

Please take the time too look at the Rocky Mountain House Bighorn recreation area as it was a disaster from day one, trails got closed by mistake and others over time were shut down later.

http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u416/FlashGordon63/Quad 2017/DSC_0475_zpshluxlvhf.jpg
Snowmobile folks took it the worst. Total disaster and fish and wildlife along with substantial resources seen this too as they are more in-line with us on a path too another flop.

Ranchers, outfitted, trappers, cattle men and women are not happy with this GOA plan either.

Please, don't think this GOA idea is only one place as Shannon Phillips said in her address on 630 Ched with Ryan Jespersen,,, "Her and her party are going to look at" all" of the Eastern slopes from top to bottom.

This my friends means we best take this kick at the can as theres no going back for seconds if this goes threw.
http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u416/FlashGordon63/Quad 2017/DSC_0256_zps43x0lpxf.jpg

If this post seems doom and gloom, then rightfully so as it doesn't take a rocket scientists too see what's playing out.

The USA got at it long before us, now its time for us to do the same up here.
http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u416/FlashGordon63/Quad 2017/DSC_0268_zpsmqffh90g.jpg

Don willing too throw out the rally cry of honourable support and in a discreet manner for one and all !!!
hey Don you going down to Calgary by yourself?

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes Imdoo'n, pals down there are expecting me for supper and long time visit.

One of the bros is back from a world tour before he departs too another hot bed of war torn countries. Ha.

Lem

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok, i'll head over to james place then!

tr to be at the rally early? at least it was a thought? lol.

Last edited:

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is the thread that needs the 97 pages of chatter not how sucky an 850 is or if a half ton can handle a deck.

The streets of Calgary should be plugged solid with the vehicles of pizzed off sledders and outdoor enthusiasts.
I am heading down with Ron tomorrow morning and have an extra $100 for Tims coffee at the closet outlet.

I'll post the Tims address and time later today.

KatMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mcdougal is right downtown. Parking sucks. I would not bring trailers if you are parking downtown. there is street parking and above grade surface parking. get there early, or make it to a Ctrain station in the NE/NW and take the train down town.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is the thread that needs the 97 pages of chatter not how sucky an 850 is or if a half ton can handle a deck.

The streets of Calgary should be plugged solid with the vehicles of pizzed off sledders and outdoor enthusiasts.
I am heading down with Ron tomorrow morning and have an extra $100 for Tims coffee at the closet outlet.

I'll post the Tims address and time later today.

Very true,,,,,,,

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya parking does suck trailer may be last thing you want down town

Top Bottom