railroad trail past jackfish road

shayne4962

Reaction score
hey, so I've managed to ride to jackfish road via the railroad trail. now we have found the trail past here that drops into a creek and back up the other side, thing is it comes out to a logging block. now we have found an older trail that comes up from the river and gets back onto the railway but from what i understand is if you keep riding the railway it is private property. i.e. it heads into misty valley areas i believe. solo my question is when i get to the log block, where is the proper way for me to go as to not be trespassing. not too familiar with the area so detailed directions would be great! thanks!!

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey, so I've managed to ride to jackfish road via the railroad trail. now we have found the trail past here that drops into a creek and back up the other side, thing is it comes out to a logging block. now we have found an older trail that comes up from the river and gets back onto the railway but from what i understand is if you keep riding the railway it is private property. i.e. it heads into misty valley areas i believe. solo my question is when i get to the log block, where is the proper way for me to go as to not be trespassing. not too familiar with the area so detailed directions would be great! thanks!!
It's hard to say without showing....

When u come out to the road, u have to go down road to tee, then u have to go up the road, there is blue painted marks in the trees and power pole at tee junction, it's a few km down road, corners ect, easy to pass trail entrance

shayne4962

Reaction score
i believe its actually called baker rd or something like that. Tex, are you referring to the 't' on baker rd? i believe I've found the trail up the road from there, but when i follow it it goes down into a ravine/creek and back up the other side and comes out to a log block thats been logged in the last year I'm guessing. it is from there that I'm not sure where to continue on. i think where whoDEANie pinned might still be farther than we have made it so far. ok so I've checked a map and i believe the cut block is after you come from crossing jackfish creek. does that help?

Last edited:

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ahh, I know where you're talking about. You're right, the point I pinned is after that. My memory is the chits, but when we did the rail line this spring, I believe we got out of the cut block by turning off at a reservoir.

If you can wait a couple days, PM me your e-mail address and I can send you a GPX file of the route we took this year.

shayne4962

Reaction score
ok sounds good! i got nuthin but time! in camp till next weekend and then hoping to get a few more days of riding in!

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You are right it is called Baker road (and i always call it Jackfish road as well), that new logging cut block area even gets me a bit confused. From there it is a bit dificult to explain, there are 2 options, maybe 3 options. Best would be to join in on a ride when a group does it, or if you want to do a day ride sometime to do from Baker road to say Harlech and back or so, you could call or text me 403-845-0435. If i'm free at that time it would be fun.

Top Bottom