Racers Edge Rear Suspension Mod

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone try the racers edge rear suspension upgrade? uses stock rails and converts into a single coil over.

If someone has tried it or own it post up some pictures.

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
one of my buddies is using it chris
xp val i will see if i can dig up some pics the difference is like night and day

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For the money (it's like 2600 bucks) why not go to a full rear suspension that comes with rails like a Timbersled or a Kmod? Page 1

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For the money (it's like 2600 bucks) why not go to a full rear suspension that comes with rails like a Timbersled or a Kmod? Page 1

x2 on What DaveB says. When I researched replacing my rear skid I was hesitant to go with the Timbersled because another guy I ride with already had one and wanted to try something different. But by the time you balance out Skid performance, weight and price. The Racer's edge certainly isn't the most bang for your buck.

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
x2 on What DaveB says. When I researched replacing my rear skid I was hesitant to go with the Timbersled because another guy I ride with already had one and wanted to try something different. But by the time you balance out Skid performance, weight and price. The Racer's edge certainly isn't the most bang for your buck.

it is the best bang for the buck for a high hp sled (it's $1800, not $2600) keeps the front end down for alot less than an m-10. It does not shed much if any weight. It's nice, but not needed on an xp. IMO. Go with one of the lighter skids.

evan3000

Reaction score
I had a Timbersled on my T Nytro and HATED it!!! this was when they first came out, but I seen now they have a bunch of different options for shocks. I herd they did a bunch of changes to make it better but I personaly would never buy another one.
On the other hand, if I was to do a skid in my XP it will be the Racers Edge skid. like said above its like a M 10 but chepper , Last time I checked a loaded M10 was like $3500

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the $2600 number I was remembering was INSTALLED price...

In any case, not slamming the system, I've heard it works great if you want a coupled M10-type suspension...but there are other systems out there that are semi-coupled and uncoupled that work very well and cost less. IMHO coupled skids are not the best for mountain riding. The M10 was originally a trail skid, then adapted by the big HP and Turbo crowd as there wasn't anything else out there at the time that would keep the front end down.

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it is the best bang for the buck for a high hp sled (it's $1800, not $2600) keeps the front end down for alot less than an m-10. It does not shed much if any weight. It's nice, but not needed on an xp. IMO. Go with one of the lighter skids.

Source innovations lists the kit for $2149 CAD. I'm not too sure where else to get it. Racer's Edge doesn't even have a website anymore, their domain expired!

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've seen the Racer's Edge setup in action and Darrell has explained to me before how it works and its very easy to see the advantages of the coupled suspension.

It might not be the most bang for your buck but you have to take into account the high quality of this product and the low production amounts they put out. The parts and finish are top notch.

Maybe a stock XP won't see the peformance gains that a coupled suspension gives to high HP sleds but there are other positives to go along with it. Like keeping your stock rails and other stock components.

What is easier to find when you break something or bend something? A stock set of rails, or rails you need to special order on a full aftermarket kit. Its just something to consider.

drop the hammer

Reaction score
I like what Baker builds and his stuff is tough and is built with quality first. But although the ride of that skid is great and it does quite well in the deep stuff, the price and the fact it is heavier than stock make it a hard one to choose versus others on the market. You can make it near stock weight if you add ti coil springs and such, but then even more money +$500 for the ti spring. My 2 cents, for the conditions i ride in, is that for $2500 it better lose 10 lbs or more....coupling doesn't matter to me for deep powder running on a slightly higher than stock powered machine. If I was looking at an M10 though, I'd take Bakers over that, but for mtn exclusive riding, lots of other options that are much lighter in the same price range.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
basically i was looking for a better ride in the rear, personally i think it is pretty dam good as a stock setup for my riding style, but i want more. As well looking to shed a few pounds, on these XPs its hard to find large weight savings for a decent buck.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
basically i was looking for a better ride in the rear, personally i think it is pretty dam good as a stock setup for my riding style, but i want more. As well looking to shed a few pounds, on these XPs its hard to find large weight savings for a decent buck.

Yeah shedding pounds on a XP without looking at Carbon or Titanium can be tough...ride with a caddy anytime you can and drop it at fuel drops.

Lots of people are going to the titanium arms, man those aren't cheap but holy freakin are they light! They almost feel cheap because they are so light!
I couldn't believe when I first picked up a set.

I am waiting for someone to make some titanium spindles, you could easier save some weight there.

Many riders could stand to lose 10-15lbs :d

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah shedding pounds on a XP without looking at Carbon or Titanium can be tough...ride with a caddy anytime you can and drop it at fuel drops.

Lots of people are going to the titanium arms, man those aren't cheap but holy freakin are they light! They almost feel cheap because they are so light!
I couldn't believe when I first picked up a set.

I am waiting for someone to make some titanium spindles, you could easier save some weight there.

Many riders could stand to lose 10-15lbs :d

There was a both at the edm sled show who had aluminum arms. Pretty light if you asked me and somewhat sacraficial which is good to save a nun or s module. $400 for a whole front end kit

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There was a both at the edm sled show who had aluminum arms. Pretty light if you asked me and somewhat sacraficial which is good to save a nun or s module. $400 for a whole front end kit

Are you sure they weren't titanium? I can't see aluminum arms lasting very long?

I think Alternative Impact was at the show, or had someone with their arms there. They are rediculously light (but just as strong as chromoly)

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you sure they weren't titanium? I can't see aluminum arms lasting very long?

I think Alternative Impact was at the show, or had someone with their arms there. They are rediculously light (but just as strong as chromoly)

100% sure, just dont remember who. they were a bare aluminum set, looked quit nice and a good price i though.

speeder72

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the Racers edge installed in my 08 xp and it is night and day from stock.Highly recommend it

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have darrels skid on the 880 xp, before that i had issues of bottoming out, and i actually filped it over backwards on steep climbs on the stock skid, now with bakers skid, it keeps the skis down most of the time, even on a steep grade and the 3 inch ripping away, the skis will pull around a foot but no higher, if your into the steep and deep, this is a great skid, reminds me of my old m10

here is a video of a steep climb, with bakers skid, you can see the skis grab some air but not out of control high, and the last 50 feet was very steep

YouTube - sleding 005.MOV

River Ratt

Reaction score
I have mine for sale, mint condition 1300.00. it was on my 2006 summit X, it does not fit on the XP. This suspension is the best riding skid I've been on, I have another sled with the M10 Air Wave, and the Baker skid is better, and fully adjustable on trail with compression and dampening dials. There are too many modifications to get it to fit on my new RMK Pro, so It's for sail and I am going to buy another one. Call 403 391 3955, fits Rev chassis only.

bakerboy

Reaction score
hey,

i do have some rear suspension pictures i will post, 2011 etec, its a racers edge. ive heard alot of bad things about the Timber creek suspension, and it all depends on what type of riding you do. ive riden the etec both stock and and with the racers edge suspension in, i do alot of hill climbing, since the switch the front end stays down.

( i hate how people think wow look how much power that sled has it wheelies up the hill, this is due to a suspension that doesnt work, sure it looks cool but who wants to ride a surf board up a hill )

i will post pictures. asap.

Top Bottom