rabbits foot up but

steel town

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check out this photo guys, while in Quartz on the weekend me and the boys were watching from a distance some dudes "highmarking":d
check out the little dot at the bottom of the slide, that is the dude outrunning a really bad day by the skin of his teeth....AST1 course guys......

Attachments

• griffin%20quartz%20024.jpg
    griffin%20quartz%20024.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 528

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check out this photo guys, while in Quartz on the weekend me and the boys were watching from a distance some dudes "highmarking":d
check out the little dot at the bottom of the slide, that is the dude outrunning a really bad day by the skin of his teeth....AST1 course guys......

Not to mention the fact that that slope is clearly signed as in the park. :nono:

I often wonder if people will ever take things seriously!

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The story in the first few pages of the AST-1 book Sledding in Avalanche Terrain is an account of a guy getting caught in a avy riding on this face in the spring.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I honestly can not believe that people still put themselves on slopes of that magnitude:eek::eek: Not in a million years would you see me on that hill. Im not perfect by any means, but would rather tight and techy over hold on and go

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I honestly can not believe that people still put themselves on slopes of that magnitude:eek::eek: Not in a million years would you see me on that hill. Im not perfect by any means, but would rather tight and techy over hold on and go

exactly.

if you had a death wish/helicopter/400hp sled/no brains/ and knew you would make it to the top then someone might attempt it. but its still in a park.

nothing good can happen on that slope if your highmarking and turning out.

its not even a challenge! do something challenging folks!

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I truely think it is the extream video makers that encourge those types of pulls.Monkey see....

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

We saw the same snow sloughs in other areas of Golden. The new stuff was just not bonding to the firmer stuff underneath.

Did you go let him know that they were riding in the park? not that they couldn't have seen the 50 signs they rode right past to get onto that slope.........

snoqueen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The guys in that pic obviously lack common sense. Playing on that extreme avalanche terrain plus riding in a park, the attitudes of these guys are blatantly obvious. They will ride where they want when they want, with no regard for others, or respect for our sport. This kinda chit really gets me. An AST 1 course is a MUST but it sure isn't going to teach these azzhats anything. :nono::nono:

powderhoundbrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I just shake my head when I see this. 3 guess's where he is from. I only need one.....Sorry I shouldn't stereotype but........

I wouldn't go anywhere near that slope anyway. Unfortunately this is going to keep happening. Avy danger is up this weekend due to warming temps. And there are no lack of young guys with big trucks and red plates who are willing to fling themselves at stupid dangerous slopes.

People like this are going to cause us to be seriously regulated in the future.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just shake my head when I see this. 3 guess's where he is from. I only need one.....Sorry I shouldn't stereotype but........

I wouldn't go anywhere near that slope anyway. Unfortunately this is going to keep happening. Avy danger is up this weekend due to warming temps. And there are no lack of young guys with big trucks and red plates who are willing to fling themselves at stupid dangerous slopes.

Man, you seriously have a hate on for Albertans eh? Sure there are some dumb ones but I see lots of BC locals poking slopes they shouldn't, they think they are invincible because they live in the hills and think they are gods gift to the mountains (i.e. complacency).

I'm from BC but out here enjoying the good prosperous economy like so many others....so don't think that the red and white you see in the parking lot means that everyone is dumb flatlander. 20 some odd yrs in the mountains, never been anywhere near an avy......

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Another misinformed soul. :confused: There is a lineup for idiots in all the provinces. Don't stereotype only one. :nono:

Brian D.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Hey, I bet you were rollin' a fattie and eating handfulls of shrooms while you were typing...... weren't you?

Top Bottom