QV Performance M8 Turbo

dumbass

Reaction score
Just want to say thanks to Jeff and Ron at Quantum Velocity for the new M8 kit. They built it up at the end of last seaon, I got a couple of days on it in May, seemed to be real good other than clutching, it now has a Twisted secondary set-up that works wicked. We were out last week running about 5 psi, zero lag and super responsive. Jeff has a few different ideas when it comes to the plumbing and it seems to work really good.

I'll try and get some pics up later....

Doug

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just want to say thanks to Jeff and Ron at Quantum Velocity for the new M8 kit. They built it up at the end of last seaon, I got a couple of days on it in May, seemed to be real good other than clutching, it now has a Twisted secondary set-up that works wicked. We were out last week running about 5 psi, zero lag and super responsive. Jeff has a few different ideas when it comes to the plumbing and it seems to work really good.

I'll try and get some pics up later....

Doug

Ron and Jeff are stellar guys... they did some custom tunnel and track work for my TurboPhazer. Then my hubby bought a used and heavily modded sled last spring. It never ran right and eventually blew up. :tearhairout::tearhairout:

Ron and Jeff spent all summer going over every inch of that machine: engine, turbo, suspension, steering, wiring... EVERYTHING. It runs absolutely beautifully thanks to Ron and Jeff. They have alot of really neat projects on the go and some really cool ideas- we definitely will have them do all our work on our sleds if necessary.

m8welder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
5lbs boost is pretty wimpy. If you are not running at least 10-12 why would you turbo?10-12 gives you 230 hp, so 5 would be what 190-200. Seems like alot of dough for little hp>

qvperformance

Reaction score
Thanks to doug for posting this. and thanks to sledmamma for the kind words. We are just trying to do our best.

As for the low boost, they are testing the sleds at low boost to see how everything works. We have found that we are running the clutching kit from Twisted and it works well. We were told this clutching was what they run at around 13 lbs. We are running 5-6 and it is spot on. We have also found that we run out of fuel with a 1to1 regulator at around 7 lbs. this system comes on hard and pulls very strong for only 5 lbs boost.
We will be testing higher boost in the near future.
We are also working on a setup for the ski-doo's

dumbass

Reaction score
Here's a few pictures of the turbo set-up.

Ya, they're located in Red Deer.

Attachments

• IMG_3448.JPG
    IMG_3448.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 384
  • IMG_3450.JPG
    IMG_3450.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 380
  • IMG_3449.JPG
    IMG_3449.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 372
  • IMG_3443.JPG
    IMG_3443.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 385

SLY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
200hp is nothing to be sneered at, especially at altitude when the stocker probably has 120. Probably runs pump gas too and will be more reliable on a 2stroke than bigger boost needing race fuel.

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glad it runs good for ya qv spend some extra time an paint the exhaust housing on the turbo with black vht it stays on and looks sweet no rust.

summitbound

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you were at the Eckville grass drags in October,you could of seen
QV Performance's Little M7 with 5-6 lbs of boost giving the 800's with 10-15 lbs of boost a run for their money.

They have there own Air Box design which creates incredible throttle response

They are located in Red Deer,west on Highway 11 to the Fas Gas
and in behind, then back towards Highway 2

Quantum Velocity Performance Inc. Home

403-341-4012

Ron and Jeff

Top Bottom