Quick Valemount conditions video

xp24

Reaction score
great post curtis. hopefully that gets everybody in the right frame for this coming season.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Curtis I wish we had more updates like yours from other high traffic areas. Very good update. VARDA should be proud of your industry leading updates. Other areas need to get with it. Come on Revy, McBride, Sicamous, Golden and any other riding area.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Great job Curtis. You are the Man.....:d

We were up yesterday west of Elkford and conditions are very similar. About a meter deep in the trees and some wind blown was much deeper. I probed one area and it was consistent with the 1 meter depth. It is bottomless and the hazards are real. No damage in our group but sometimes a guy gets lucky.

Lots of slab releases. One avalanche is down and over the Crossing Creek trail; not huge depths at the bottom in the run-out but it did run full path and an eye opener for sure. There isn't a lot of snow but what there is, is sitting on weak layers and releasing naturally.

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Curtis I wish we had more updates like yours from other high traffic areas. Very good update. VARDA should be proud of your industry leading updates. Other areas need to get with it. Come on Revy, McBride, Sicamous, Golden and any other riding area.
I second this first class operation excellent grooming and provides important safety data. great work Curtis and coworkers

Top Bottom