Quick Release Strap (Goggles)

Sleeper700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Take a sharp knife and carve away a little of the plastic that holds the non velcro side in. Makes it easier to remove goggles to put under hood. (Be careful not to carve too much, the goggles will fall off every time you take them off your face).

x2 - I have done this to all of my quick straps after I had one mount come off due to having to reef on it to get the quick strap off. No problems since I did this.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i dont think your mounts are bonding correctly. or your applying force in the wrong way. ive yanked mine off endless times without the mount coming off and it felt like something had to give. then again my helmet has a few more scratches for bonding than most :D

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I could never go back to the regular strap. My mount has come off, but same thing, scratch up the paint a bit, use a good 2 part epoxy, and it's been on there for 2 years with no problems.

munhoez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In a Dakota R/T, down by the South Sask. River
I LOVE those helmet release things...I have them on the kids helmets but we have gotten a few more helmets so I need to buy some more...anyone know where I can get some?

I got sum comin in, but im all the way over in flat a$$ saskatchewan. I ordered 2 blk 1 wh, 1 red, 1 blu, 1 chrome.
4 r spoken for.
If u can deal with Motovan, u can get powermadd ones(plastic clips) for under 10 bucks and echo products(Nylon coated metal to metal clips.

I wouldnt recommend the powermadd, friggin plastic will bust first dismount.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe the plastic chin strap clips are actually illegal here in Canada (or were). Supposed to have the metal to metal ones. I may be wrong but when I bought mine there were some statements about the plastic ones being not approved. Just a "chins" up.

Love the Quickstraps. Always bought a strap with new goggles. I too file down the pointy retainer portion for easier release. Clean and scuff slightly the mount location on the helmet and never had one come off.

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had an issue with my clip side coming off. Same thing, was trying to get the goggles off to warm them up. I set the sticky side on my exhaust to warm and soften it and stuck it back on. Stayed on the rest of the day.

I have had that issue too, I have used silicone ( works really good) and this last time ( my silicone was frozen...friggin unheated garages), I used 3M exterior tape. Working quite well too.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
use isopropyl alchohol to clean surface, then a little heat to warm the helmet before you apply. I never had a problem. I do always carry a spare adhesive pad just in case something happens.
When I went Downhill mountainbiking, no one and I mean NO ONE wore the quick straps. I even went to the local shops and they never even heard of it.:confused:

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
use isopropyl alchohol to clean surface, then a little heat to warm the helmet before you apply. I never had a problem. I do always carry a spare adhesive pad just in case something happens.
When I went Downhill mountainbiking, no one and I mean NO ONE wore the quick straps. I even went to the local shops and they never even heard of it.:confused:

Every summer we go out to Fernie and our oldest son does some DH and I thought QS for those guys would be a given....I didn't see any!

Jan

Last edited:

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We actually have quick straps on sale at the shop till this monday jan 24th. We have red and blue ones on sale as we got a really good deal on a number of them so we are passing on the good deal.

pete gads

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put the plastic clip on both sides of helmet as velcro gets full of snow and doesn't work all the time. cut out notch a little makes easy to get off and on. can put under hood to dry out. when trying to get unstuck they just sit on top of helmet

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Quik Straps are on all my goggles. So fast and easy to on/off with one hand with gloves on. Clean the surface good with nail polish remover before putting on the mounts and make sure you get the mounts in the right spot the first try. A Biotch to get off if you need to re-locate them.....don't stick as good either. Four years now on my one helmet(The one in my Avatar)..snow and mud and have never come off. If you need to re-attach or transfer to another helmet, I've used 2 sided carpet tape with real good results.:beer: Oh yeah, I had to do a bit of cutting and sewing to get the 509s on my Quik Straps too but that was before 509 made quik Straps.

Whitetail7

Reaction score
Sinister 509 goggles with the quick straps......... great goggle and way more convenient with the quick straps. Worth every $ I spent.

Stantheman

Reaction score
You can buy straps from 509 that will allow "easy" install of the quick straps. You basically buy the quick straps, scrap them for the hardware and use the 509 straps you purchased. Takes a bit of persuading to get the hardware on the 509 straps but it all fits without cutting any stitching or have to sew anything.

Great goggles, even better with QS's

Whitetail7

Reaction score
Actually managed to get the quickstraps on without much wrestling, and no cutting/sewing. Pretty easy but was a little worried before I started.

J_E_SUMMIT

RIP, Fallen Sledder
Reaction score
I have been using Quickstraps for 9 years and would never get rid of them. I have two sets of straps and I had to shave a little off of one of them to make it easier to take the button side off, but my newer straps were good from the beginning.

I would watch what you use to stick the velcro on with if it falls off. The velcro gets bad after awhile and needs to be replaced.

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't be caught without my quick straps. Im the only one in the group that runs them but usually the first one ready to leave also!:d

Top Bottom