Quick Help, Area's Near Hinton, Edson?

Phyer Phyter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My son and I have to go to Jasper tomorrow to pick up my van that broke down last weekend on my daughter. We are gonna drag our quads out with us and thought that we would get some quad time on the way back. Can anyone recommend any good areas that are not 2-3hrs off of highway 16 near Hinton or Edson? we would like to check out some mountain areas.

Sounds like Brule or Cadomin are good areas but not too sure how far off 16 they are. I read somewhere about a trail south of Hinton but sounded more like it was for horses and hiking.

Thanks for any info anyone can give us.

JayBec

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My son and I have to go to Jasper tomorrow to pick up my van that broke down last weekend on my daughter. We are gonna drag our quads out with us and thought that we would get some quad time on the way back. Can anyone recommend any good areas that are not 2-3hrs off of highway 16 near Hinton or Edson? we would like to check out some mountain areas.

Sounds like Brule or Cadomin are good areas but not too sure how far off 16 they are. I read somewhere about a trail south of Hinton but sounded more like it was for horses and hiking.

if ya dont mind gravel, when ya get to edson look for the turn off to Robb, plenty of trails down that road, eventually you will get to a intersection, turn towards Cadomin, plenty of trails on that road aswell, once you reach Cadomin if your done for the day, head towards Hinton,

JayBec

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

i think the difference is about 45 - an hour, drivin on gravel than the Hwy,
but the scenery is pretty nice

Phyer Phyter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if ya dont mind gravel, when ya get to edson look for the turn off to Robb, plenty of trails down that road, eventually you will get to a intersection, turn towards Cadomin, plenty of trails on that road aswell, once you reach Cadomin if your done for the day, head towards Hinton,

At the risk of sounding stupid... are there staging areas/parking lots or grab a chunk of ditch?

Garryese

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Brule is just off the highway and a few mile east of the park gates. Turn north off highway just west of the weight scales. Watch for Kinky Lake signs. You will know when you get to the staging area for the sand dunes by trucks/trailers parked in the ditch.

Phyer Phyter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys, I do appreciate it. We are loading up and will be on our way in a half hour. Going to Jasper 1st then on the way back will be looking for quad time.

Thanks again, Bill.

Top Bottom