Quick drive under boost??

gmustangt

Reaction score
Are the quick drive belts holding up under the added stress of boost?
how many miles have you got on your belt?

channonmanuel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Put the kit on brand new and just got on it and rode it, first 150km my boost controller was in backwards and the boost was up super high and my boost gauge would just flutter around 15lbs but now I got it all in there right lol, and my sled is only a 155 I got a buddy with an aero kit with a 2.5 ce track 155 also and he has blown 2 but one was installed backwards

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ran across one that pretty much melted the belt off.... It had a boon docker kit and we were taking some pretty long pulls... I personally think they need a heat shield between the exhaust and belt as they are only about 3/8 inch clearance!!!

powder junkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ran across one that pretty much melted the belt off.... It had a boon docker kit and we were taking some pretty long pulls... I personally think they need a heat shield between the exhaust and belt as they are only about 3/8 inch clearance!!!

That is a good point. Especialy with stock can. Could be reason some guys blow them too.

JP.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got around 600 miles on mine, all is good, took it off and am now breaking in a new one.
The heat and spiking the brakes is not good for belt life, some turbo kits the down pipe is too close to the belt and getting too hot, and when riding spiking the brakes is hard on the cogs.

Last edited:

channonmanuel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I even pop mine into reverse goin down hills and dig it in and haven't blown it yet, my exhaust is a long ways from the belt.

Top Bottom