Questions on Powderlites stage 2 kit on 09 nytro

Apextenn

Reaction score
I just purchased a brand new 09 Nytro with a powderlites stage 2 kit and was wondering what type of tuning / break in would be recommeded. This was about from a bankrupt US yamaha dealership so they really have no technical support. Is their anything to to keep in mind off the start like what is the max boost i should run any known issues with the kits that should be addressed. Any input would be greatly appreciated i have a supercharged apex but this is a whole new ballgame as well it is on a new sled so i am not 100% sure how it should be broke in and how i should setup the fuel system for off the start then after how many k should i change it as well turn up the boost. As well it is a kit recomened for pump gas but would running a mixture of race fuel off the start be beneficial. As well what would you keep you A / F ratio around.

Thanks Guys for any input and hopefull see ya out their

deepbreather

Reaction score
Make sure the intake is sealed as good as possible from heat/steam coming around the filter mount plate from the track tunnel. If it has last years p/l air filter.. pull it off and burn out the filter element so it will not choke out in the deep snow. Make sure your fuel pressure is set very near 46 lbs when running. P/l will say 14 lbs is safe at elevation with 91. Air fuel should be around 11.8. Mapping can be found on another site. What did you end up paying CDN all said and done?

SLY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get a hold of Dave at Powderlites in Sicamous. He'll help you get it dialed I'm sure. Welcome to the dark side, LOL

Apextenn

Reaction score
Thanks Deepbreather so you meant to phsically get rid of the filter element and just leave the mesh on the outside? All in it was 13500 canadian so i couldnt really turn it down what would you suggest for a break in period though cause its has o km on it so i am not sure how to break it in properly from the start with a turbo again thanks guys for your input.

Apextenn

Reaction score
Just some pics on the sled

Attachments

• nytro1.jpg
    nytro1.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 111
  • nytro2.jpg
    nytro2.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 130
  • nytro3.jpg
    nytro3.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 112
  • nytro5.jpg
    nytro5.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 110
Reaction score
Do you know or can you find out who did the install? If not at PL then possibly get PL to check it over. Venting is huge. You need to get rid of the extra heat under the hood. Ask Dave/Darren at PL. Get the open OEM venting slots covered with pre-filter material to keep the snow out. Fuel line routing and upgrade to braided from rubber. I think 12.1 AF is ideal and be carefull at 14lbs because stock injectors are about maxed out there and it could get lean. Lose the original filter assembly and get one that is farther away/up from the tail structure.
I went a year without boost so break in was not with turbo but I suspect you would want to take it a bit easy for a hundred or so miles. Always be warmed up well and vary the rpm and get some load on the engine off and on.
If your riding in the flats and you have marginal conditions be aware that stubble/grass can come around the track and get thrown through the spaces around the header pipes where they pass through the engine compartment into the tunnel. This material will be deposited below the manifold and will start on fire if the sled is stored inside and has a chance to dry out. It will constantly be smoldering away as the sled is used and heated up. Btw, this area is directly below the fuel tank and only separated from it by a bit of insulation and a thin aluminum plate. I packed steel wool around these gaps and problem was solved. Its a bit of work to get at the area but makes a big difference.
Don't cheap-out on fuel. Always premium and even a blend of av or some race fuel to give piece of mind.
Just some of the things I've learned through experience.
Dave and Darren are always willing to help with tech support and are very accessible.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Dave and Darren are good guys and always willing to help out with any issues, call them, go to there website at Powder Lites Inc - Custom Manufacturer of High Quality Snowmobile Accessories I had some programming issues yesterday and Dave walked me through them all.

I always run about 3L of C111 Race fuel for good insurance, you never know what crap could be in the gas. Ive done alot of upgrades on my system, ill post pics when im back.

Apextenn

Reaction score
Thanks again guys

I appreciate the help as i still havent had it out since i am at work at the moment cant wait to get out snowed two feet here last night got the itch real bad to get out. I am planning on heading out sometimes in the middle of the month so hopefully mabey hit up revy and head to sicamouse and get the boys at powderlites to just have a look over to make sure everything looks correct. It was done by the us dealership so i have no idea who did it or what tunning they did etc which is why i am hesitant to just head out to the mtns with it before i can be certain that everything is correct with the install. So where abouts do you get these venting kits from? As well so with the air filter do you just put some chunk of radiator hose the bends up at 90 degrees? And where abouts do you get the braided fuel line kits from and do what all lines did you change out? One last question is their any great way to setup the factory suspension to somewhat keep the front end down ill probably throw sometheing different in it next year but what would be the best stock setup for this year. So where abouts in sask are you from Tran-quill-icer? I am out of regina and always looking for people to head out west.
As well is their any disadvantage of running a high percentage of race fuel other then cost and plugging up o2 sensors rknight again thank you very much for all your help as i am totally new to this turbo thing.

Thanks

Fraser

Reaction score
Thanks again guys

I appreciate the help as i still havent had it out since i am at work at the moment cant wait to get out snowed two feet here last night got the itch real bad to get out. I am planning on heading out sometimes in the middle of the month so hopefully mabey hit up revy and head to sicamouse and get the boys at powderlites to just have a look over to make sure everything looks correct. It was done by the us dealership so i have no idea who did it or what tunning they did etc which is why i am hesitant to just head out to the mtns with it before i can be certain that everything is correct with the install. So where abouts do you get these venting kits from? As well so with the air filter do you just put some chunk of radiator hose the bends up at 90 degrees? And where abouts do you get the braided fuel line kits from and do what all lines did you change out? One last question is their any great way to setup the factory suspension to somewhat keep the front end down ill probably throw sometheing different in it next year but what would be the best stock setup for this year. So where abouts in sask are you from Tran-quill-icer? I am out of regina and always looking for people to head out west.
As well is their any disadvantage of running a high percentage of race fuel other then cost and plugging up o2 sensors rknight again thank you very much for all your help as i am totally new to this turbo thing.

Thanks

Fraser
Most of what you are asking is all available through PL. Fuel lines, vent kits, snorkel,etc. Just give the boys a call. As for the O2 sensors, I think its the Av Gas that takes them out not 111 or 112. Not much need to run a whole bunch of race fuel blend IMO but some will make for a little insurance. Around Regina you will have to keep boost below 12lbs and in order to do this you will have to remove the little spring and ball from the boost regulator or you won't get it under 12lbs. I don't know much about what you can do to keep the nose down on the Tnytro short of a different supension but if your doing most of your riding around home its not that big of a deal. More of an issue is the main springs being too soft and you'll bottom out a lot.
From Wynyard, only 1.5hrs north. Heard you got enough snow to ride around there. We had more here in Oct. than now. Leaving tomorow to spend a week with Rene at Sicamous and Revy. Sleds are at PL as we speak. One is Apex getting a whole new rear mount system and the other is mine getting a stage three and some other goodies.
Hope everything goes well with your new ride.

Apextenn

Reaction score
Thanks again Tran-Quill-icer i am def just gonna stop by the PL shop i really have no plans of driving it around regina really strickly just for mtns but keeping in under 12 is definatly a good idea so how many times you head to the mtns a year? Sounds like you have some pretty sweet sleds. Ive got a four place enclosed and always looking for people to head out west to go sledding with anyhow have a good a week their and hopefully i can get out their sometime to rip up some powder.

Later

deepbreather

Reaction score
Also find someone to check the RB3 map to ensure it has the latest version, if you don't know anyone in your area call p/l and Dave or Darren may know someone near you with the program. One more important thing, relocate the relays from underneath the intercooler up to the outside of the deflector for the rad. The intercooler melts the snow and drips water into the relay, then you will have corrosion and soon after, your fan will run on or headlight stays on.... electrical havoc for no reason. Yes the element inside the filter was what I was referring to. They also have a new made in house filter. Extending the inlet hose works too. just remember to make sure it is secure enough that it will not fall off from the bumps after a few hours. For the rear, ( for me 250lbs) tighten straps all the way, extend the transfer rod jam nuts out all the way, the stiffer apex mtx springs. top hole on the rear mount.

j_w10

Reaction score
Hey hows it going. Originally from Canora sask. up by Yorkton. I now live in brooks if your looking for someone to ride with in the new year pm me youll drive right past me on the way too revy or golden.

Apextenn

Reaction score
Ill keep that in mind j_w10 probably planning on heading out their sometime before christmas but then continuing into bc to vancouver area but i imagine i will be heading out a few times in the new year and would be glad to pick up another fellow sledder. Always helps having more people to go with when you drive a yamaha. Anyhow thanks all for the advice on the sled and i cant wait to get out of here and on the steep and deep.

Top Bottom