questions about a 06 600 RMK

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok a better question is ... does the 06 600 have any major problems like the 900. I know the 700 is simalar to the 900... any info please

SLEDHEAD 900RMK

Reaction score
The 600 has a different mill than the 700 and 900 are the same design.:) Thier is nothing wrong with 900 mill after the updates are done.:cool: Have one with 4000miles on it. I will have to drive it for awhile unless Polaris comes out with something bigger than an 800.:d The 06 600 has the same mill as the 08 600 models last year that was not fuel injected, carb models. :rolleyes: hope that will help you. If I was still into carb models, I would have one for my daughter.:d

Rob1334

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
600's are a good sled, make great power and are very much sleepers.

The only known problem with them is that they have apig rich idle circuit, very easy to fix if you encounter it, just a fuel screw adjustment and different pilot jets. That year also should not have the problem with the plastic chaincases, so no worries there either.

If you are looking for a pull the rope and go sled, the 600 is a bulletproof option to go with

schickdecision

Reaction score
If the 06 is anything like the 08, you are getting an amazing sled. My 08 Switchback is beating my buddies 08 700 Switchback at mid speed. Starts first pull even in -30C weather. Very reliable and awesome pickup and power!

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
the prices of used sleds are going down cause of the way the eccomny is, and you can get a 06 900 with all updates down for 5500 easy, ive been shopping around for sleds for 3 months so i know the prices

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the Dealer Bblue Book price for clean is $5700.00 average is $4850.00 I would think $5000.00 would be a fair price.

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the prices of used sleds are going down cause of the way the eccomny is, and you can get a 06 900 with all updates down for 5500 easy, ive been shopping around for sleds for 3 months so i know the prices

were are you looking? we have been looking all winter for good deals and have come across very few.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
holly this thread came back from the dead.

girlfriend got a 05 (edge) 600 with a 151. I'm just getting it back together this week after sending it out to the powder coating shop. its now candy rasberry and black. it looks so cool. I will never loose her in the snow with it. there is a tread on the sled if anyone wants to read it.

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
holly this thread came back from the dead.

girlfriend got a 05 (edge) 600 with a 151. I'm just getting it back together this week after sending it out to the powder coating shop. its now candy rasberry and black. it looks so cool. I will never loose her in the snow with it. there is a tread on the sled if anyone wants to read it.

yeah ive been checking that out as well good looking suspension

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it looks so cool i dont want to see it in the snow lol. still waiting on 3 pieces that had to get re done. lower radius rods and the head for the engine. should get the skid in tomorrow but was fighting the gas rack/bunggiebag/rear bumber today. that gas rack is just small enough so you can use a red 5 gallon jerry can. trying to figure out what is out there that will fit. I have to work on the HID head lights soon. have to do some creative wirring since there is no battery in the sled lol. I also have to put a kit in my 900 so I need to get working on this soon.we do alot of night sledding and camping over night so these should be 5 times brighter than halogen bulbs and take less power. most kits are 35 watts but we went with the 50 watt kit. VERY VERY BRIGHT lol. regular halogen take 65 watts I think and are 1/5 as bright. will let everyone know how they work out.

Top Bottom