Question regarding 03 Mtn Cat 800 efi

skimmin

Reaction score
I just purchased this machine recently and thus far very happy with it. I've installed a 4" powermadd riser w/swivel block, and 'The Thing' can (if nothing else... it sounds wicked!lol). Definitely like this can over the oem. Tonight I was just going through things(I'm pretty green with sleds but having a look) and I found that my air box and none of the ductwork had any sort of an air filter. Is this normal? Should I have a filter? If so where is it supposed to sit.
Thanks

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just purchased this machine recently and thus far very happy with it. I've installed a 4" powermadd riser w/swivel block, and 'The Thing' can (if nothing else... it sounds wicked!lol). Definitely like this can over the oem. Tonight I was just going through things(I'm pretty green with sleds but having a look) and I found that my air box and none of the ductwork had any sort of an air filter. Is this normal? Should I have a filter? If so where is it supposed to sit.
Thanks

There are some filters at your intake vent by your feet. If you clip off those 2 plastic covers there should be some filters.

PEAK SEEKER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On this era of Cats there wasn't a filter in the air box. But you should still go through spring & fall to make sure nothin's crawled it's way in there and made a nice cozy home.

76FoMoCo

Reaction score
no filter in the airbox it sits on the inside of the air duct behind the footwell intake. just a course velcrow in type of stuff.

Zar

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 800 EFI did not have any filters ( in the box or at the intakes above the foot holds at the front of the tunnel) but my buddies 900 carb did have foam filters . I orders filters from a 900 and put them in . I noticed you can get a aftermarket pre filter that looks like a nylon sock on the grill of the intake. I think it is a good idea to keep the powder out and any other loose debris out.

:beer::beer:

Top Bottom